HB 505 montana

Deadfall

WKR
This bill would give landowners of 640 or more acres, 10 elk tags apiece, to do with as they wish. The hearing is scheduled for 3pm on 3/9/21, room 172 for those who wish to attend.

If you are against privatization of hunting then you probably will not like this bill. Keep in mind it was requested and is being sponsored by Wylie Galt. Also keep in mind, Galts use helicopters to herd elk from public land to private.

HB505 is currently in Fish wildlife and parks committee.

Every committee member who has responded to me, has been against this bill. However, it will not hurt for them to hear from us in numbers.

Legend

WKR
Terrible bill. Everyone should be calling or emailing. Let's get this thing killed!!

mtlivin

FNG
I was at the reading of this bill today and it was eye opening. FWP actually crafted this legislation and it is being carried by Wylie Gault, but only because Governor Gianforte asked him to carry it. FWP testified in favor of the bill and the governor is pushing hard for this. I hope it dies in committee but many people there thought it might pass, including Newberg and he know the legislature way better than me! MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD! The only chance we have is public outcry and there have been some emails, calls, and public testimony, including mine, but this will change MT elk hunting forever if it passes, call the capital switchboard tomorrow morning! No on HB 505, phone# 444-4800