Head lamps

OP
JPD350

JPD350

WKR
I ordered a Petzl Tikka xp 2, from everything I have read it has a very good battery life and and still has adequate brightness.

Aron, looks like you have a pile of them! which is your favorite?

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv been using a petzl myo. I like that it runs on AA. And almost all of my other stuff runs on AA batteries, so i went with this one. The thing is beyond bright, and the batteries last forever. Iv changed them 1 time since last september

NYFarmer

FNG
Fenix HL60R, can dim it low or light up a whole field (950 lumens), great battery life with the 18650s, can recharge it off a power brick too. I recommend carrying a compact headlamp too, something just incase you lose the primary etc.

ozyclint

WKR
Fenix HL50. been great. 3 brightness modes plus a turbo burst mode if you press and hold. takes a single CR123 battery plus can be used with a single AA with included extension tube.
Ability to use AA is great for me as my GPS and handheld UHF radio all use AA's so batteries can be poached if really needed.

Marble

WKR
Rechargeable petzel and a cheap AAA battery version.

The petzel lasts a really long time. Maybe a week with as much as much as I use it. And it's got 3 levels of brightness.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

After going through several I have settled on the Princeton Tec Sync 200. 3x AAA batteries and has the sweet spot for me in being able to have useable high illumination when needed but also have extended battery life with camp site illumination. Also very simple to operate (just a turning switch.. no button sequences needed to be memorized, lightweight and rugged.)

Lumen = 200 / 30 Runtime in hours = Dual 97 / Spot 144 / 72 / 114 / Red light 150

Jedgar

FNG
ArmyTek makes several great headlamps, I have 3. Long runtime, or super bright, hi cri and red options and usb/magnet rechargeable. Also have zebra light and nitecore that are good as well.

I just ordered a couple black diamond spot 350's during the memorial Day sale. Super lightweight 350 lumens lots of settings. Very pleased with them

How about the storm 450 by black diamond? Anybody tried it yet? Think that may be my route for an Alaska caribou hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a storm 350. Few years old. Incredible light. The spot uses AAA. The storm uses AA. I try to make sure all my electronic gear use the same size batteries. Just easier that way

NYFarmer

FNG
Fenix, black diamond, or petzl can't really go wrong with any of them but good point made above try to run your gear off the same batteries, less replacements to carry

Black Diamond spot or Storm the new storm is Bright and offers multiple led colors great lights

I own most of the top headlamps and I cannot say how impressed I am with this new Fenix headlamp I ordered recently. I got the HM65R-T and it is exactly what I've always drempt for in a headlamp. It is levels above the Petzl, Black Diamond and Princeton Tech headlamps I own in features, performance and build materials. It all depends what you want. I also have a $7 energizer headlamp that's provided many years of good service.

Last edited: