HEAD or BODY?!?!?!

Where are all you TURKEY FANATICS choosing to shoot these big chickens at? Are you a body shooter or a head shooter?

Body Shooters -- broadhead of choice

Head Shooters -- broadhead of choice

I am personally a head shooter. I have been playing around with the Magnus Bullheads the past two year and finally managed to get one down on film last season. I can't go back to body shots after that!!! They are either in the freezer or running to momma!!!

OP
Evan Williams
Here is the film bird from 2011 Spring Season!!

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

I almost got the whole thing off!!!

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
Guess I'm still bucking the system and aiming for the body......mostly.

Can't get past using those head shot type heads, sorta like I can't get past the whole TeePee shelter thing.....LOL.

I've killed my fair share of turkeys......the kid-let's been going the last few years and I mostly let him shoot now.

Broadhead wise.....I have always liked the Rocket Sidewinder for birds but I have a bunch of these Grim Reapers I don't like that I will most likely be shooting at birds for years to come.

IAHNTR

WKR
Even though I hunt everything else with a bow, there is just something about shooting them in the face with a shotty that gets me. I think it might be the actively chasing them part over sitting in a blind. But, I did use a 2 blade Rage once that put a slit up the belly of tom and it almost gutted the bird.

OP
Evan Williams
Here's my Kansas double 45 seconds apart. They were racing each other in. IT WAS GREAT!!! I body shot these two with the ROCKET HAMMERHEAD. 3-blade 2" cut. Combined these two birds made it 15 yards!!! The first was shot at 11 yards and the second at 31.

P1040712.jpg

Here is my favorite close up on one of the birds.

P1040725.jpg

OP
Evan Williams
Backpack,

You should look into the Magnus BULLHEADS for head lobbers. I find that they fly MUCH better and you don't have to worry about straws. Check out Chris Roe's testing at roehuntingresources.com

B

bearguide

great pics / i have never tried a head shot / oppertunities are to few and far b/t to miss a chance here in wyo public land. they are hunted to much

Even though I hunt everything else with a bow, there is just something about shooting them in the face with a shotty that gets me. I think it might be the actively chasing them part over sitting in a blind. But, I did use a 2 blade Rage once that put a slit up the belly of tom and it almost gutted the bird.

Shooting turks with the shotgun is a great time. I love sitting on the ground and getting them fired up gobblers in your face before you blast them!! Have used 125gn rockets on aluminum arrows and it puts a good sized hole in the body cavity! How ever you can get 'em, get 'em!

JG358

WKR
Even though I hunt everything else with a bow, there is just something about shooting them in the face with a shotty that gets me. I think it might be the actively chasing them part over sitting in a blind.

Who says you have to sit in a blind if you use your bow?