Headed to Newfoundland for Moose

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
I'm headed to Newfoundland the 2nd week in October. Flying in to Deer Lake, then on a float plane to a remote camp. What do you guys pack for a weight limited trip like this. I am a classic over packer. I have a camp in Potter County, Pa and always bring back ups for my back ups!
Thanks for any advise!

2 pairs of underwear, 5 pairs of socks, long underwear, rubber boots, camp shoes, rain gear, hunting clothing, soft sided gun case, gun cleaning kit, sleeping bag, toiletries, gun, knife, optics & shells. With all of the undergarments I would make sure they are merino wool. That is really all you need. I like clean socks everyday, but for the most part you can wash things in the lake and rotate through them.
You really don't need a lot of stuff when you go there.
PRO TIP: Pack as much as you can in your backpack (raingear, socks and long underwear, optics) in the event your luggage doesn't make it. My luggage didn't make it for 3 days and I was glad that I packed my stuff in the backpack. Something to think about. They can always lend you a rifle in camp if needed. Just need to be prepared in the event it also happens to you.

bartman9

FNG
I am in the initial stages of planing a trip. What outfitter did you end of using?

OP
RichP

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the initial stages of planing a trip. What outfitter did you end of using?
Moose Valley Outfitters
From what I have heard they are good
I’ll post about my trip when I get back

Tjwjr89

FNG
I live in Potter County just outside Ulysses, where's your camp at? Ill be leaving Potter on September 24th heading to Newfoundland. Hunting the 27th through October 4th with Effords. Im going to pack the same as i do my back pack elk hunts. 3 pair of merino wool socks, 2 pair of sock liners, 3 pair of boxers, sitka base layer bottoms and downpour pants, sitka base layer top, fanatic hoodie, vest, puffy jacket, and downpour jacket. Then gloves, ball hat, and thin merino hat. I'll be carrying my EXO pack.

OP
RichP

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Potter County just outside Ulysses, where's your camp at? Ill be leaving Potter on September 24th heading to Newfoundland. Hunting the 27th through October 4th with Effords. Im going to pack the same as i do my back pack elk hunts. 3 pair of merino wool socks, 2 pair of sock liners, 3 pair of boxers, sitka base layer bottoms and downpour pants, sitka base layer top, fanatic hoodie, vest, puffy jacket, and downpour jacket. Then gloves, ball hat, and thin merino hat. I'll be carrying my EXO pack.
I'm in the Germania area. Sounds like most of the gear I have. I'm also going up 2 days early to do a little sight seeing.

PA Hunter

WKR
I'm headed to Newfoundland the 2nd week in October. Flying in to Deer Lake, then on a float plane to a remote camp. What do you guys pack for a weight limited trip like this. I am a classic over packer. I have a camp in Potter County, Pa and always bring back ups for my back ups!
Thanks for any advise!
Take a little gun oil and keep your safety oiled. Two years ago my safety rusted fast from all the rain as I had a bull 50 yds broadside starring at me. Keep your gun clean. Also take best rain gear you can buy and lightweight layering system. Comfy rubber boots no hiking leather boots. I go every other year and drive up from Allentown.