Headed to Wyoming tomorrow, what’s the scoop on masks?

sasquatch

WKR
Everyone here is a bad ass, until it's time to hunt in grizzly country. Then they want all of the protections they can get. :)

Not everyone!

Also, that’s PERSONAL protections! Pretty sure people don’t yell at, or call the law and report people not carrying bear spray or a gun.

The media hasn’t convinced people my bear spray would be for the protection of others and not myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

423fc293049de8ffa14afd7b351a8b24.jpg

Plain facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werty

WKR
Not everyone!

Also, that’s PERSONAL protections! Pretty sure people don’t yell at, or call the law and report people not carrying bear spray or a gun.

The media hasn’t convinced people my bear spray would be for the protection of others and not myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
:) this is fun

Spike elk

WKR
If you are not a fan of Fox News then maybe you would believe the CDC. Heaven's knows that you will not hear it from CNN. The updated infected mortality numbers as of Sept 10th. Copied and pasted from the CDC's web site:

0-19 years: 0.00003
20-49 years: 0.0002
50-69 years: 0.005
70+ years: 0.054

Should have been headline news in every paper and news station two weeks ago. But nope, gotta go with the narrative and pretend that 9 months of data and science never happened. For some folks the Covid world is still flat. The Narrative > Science.

MattB

WKR
If you are not a fan of Fox News then maybe you would believe the CDC. Heaven's knows that you will not hear it from CNN. The updated infected mortality numbers as of Sept 10th. Copied and pasted from the CDC's web site:

Should have been headline news in every paper and news station two weeks ago. But nope, gotta go with the narrative and pretend that 9 months of data and science never happened. For some folks the Covid world is still flat. The Narrative > Science.

Speaking of ignoring 9 months of data and science, those numbers are from the same CDC whose numbers show ~196,000 American deaths from COVID and that recommends masks be worn to limit the spread of the disease?

SDHNTR

WKR
For me, it’s not about politics, but purely out of respect for those around me, I’ll gladly tolerate the minor inconvenience and wear a mask. It’s not that big of a deal and I don’t see it as an infringement on my freedom. It’s just the kind and thoughtful thing to do for the benefit of mankind. If it helps get this shit over with faster, it’s all worth it.

This thread is depressing. I don’t get the antimaskers. Find a better cause.

Laramie

WKR
To the OP, most places in Wyoming aren't asking for masks to be worn. We did bring them and wore one a couple of times when we went in businesses that requested it. I don't believe they work but it's not a battle I waste a second thinking about. Much bigger fish to fry right now imo.

My god those numbers are terrifying.
three out of the four people in my house had it. My daughter had a fever for about six hours and that was it. My wife had it I would say her symptoms were along the lines of strep throat. I had it, to say it was a minor inconvenience would be an exaggeration. I literally felt tired two evenings and I had a slight runny nose. We were lucky to make it out alive.
You literally have a better chance of getting killed texting and driving on your way to Wyoming hunt.

Have a good hunting season everyone.

SIontheHunt

Lil-Rokslider
my buddy got it and his lungs still arent 100% weeks later. Im 28 and in good shape, I am not worried about dying, i am worried about the kung flu ruining my upcoming hunt. I had a sinus infection ruin a spearfishing trip last year i had been training for all year, that Sh%% sucks. Face covering is mostly to keep your spit from getting in the air not to filter the virus as you breathe in... it comes down to being courteous to others. If no one else in a place is wearing it, I wont but if people are I will.

SIontheHunt

Lil-Rokslider
And that's fine......all Americans should have that respect and concern for all American's rights, freedoms, and liberties by not trying to shame people into "making the choice they want people to make"......like you did in your first post.

I respect others and have a concern for their lives "and souls", and respect their choice to choose to wear a mask if they think they are at risk with Covid. And we should all respect everyone's choice to NOT wear a mask as well. It really is that simple. Of course rights, freedoms, and liberties should be simple.......to most.

that would be a fair point if the mask was a full face cartridge respirator but it isnt. You wearing a mask keeps you from spreading it. It isnt like wearing a bullet proof vest, its like shooting rubber bullets.

that would be a fair point if the mask was a full face cartridge respirator but it isnt. You wearing a mask keeps you from spreading it. It isnt like wearing a bullet proof vest, its like shooting rubber bullets.

The masks people wear might incrementally limit spread but don't prevent spread of anything. I'd say it's more like shotshells being loaded with half shot / half sand.

Found it interesting the level that people disobey mask orders in MT a couple weeks ago. Most businesses outside of main cities the employees weren't wearing masks.

SDHNTR

WKR
My god those numbers are terrifying.
three out of the four people in my house had it. My daughter had a fever for about six hours and that was it. My wife had it I would say her symptoms were along the lines of strep throat. I had it, to say it was a minor inconvenience would be an exaggeration. I literally felt tired two evenings and I had a slight runny nose. We were lucky to make it out alive.
You literally have a better chance of getting killed texting and driving on your way to Wyoming hunt.

Have a good hunting season everyone.
At last count, I know 31 people who have had Covid. Three have died. 8 were hospitalized. All three deaths were from people under the age of 70 and only one of those had any sort of underlying health issues. Also, not reflected in the numbers, are those who do not die, yet have permanent and lasting damage. Of those 31 I just mentioned, one 17-year-old had her foot amputated, one 23 yr old has lost a third of one lung, one 47 yr old has lasting cognitive impairment and debilitating fatigue, and one 56 yr old Is still in the hospital after six months with major heart damage. Not a one of those had any pre-existing conditions.

Yeah, this thing is no big deal, right? Don’t take your one minuscule sample size of your own family’s amazing good fortune and think the same will apply to everyone. It’s the luck of the draw. This thing has the power to do serious damage! Don’t underestimate it for a second.