Heading to Kifaru

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Gonna chat with Patrick at Kifaru tomorrow about some potential designs.

What are you guys wanting to see new from Kifaru?

Timberline on a Duplex frame?

4,200 Cubic inch pack with pockets?

Give me some feedback!

littlebuf

Banned
dont do anything thats going to make me regret the 900 dollar order im about to place please

a duplex frame option for the t1 and t2 would be ok I guess but why? The t1, t2, and t3 cover the needs of pretty much everyone I think. by adding the pockets to the timberline, I think you guys have knocked it out of the park. I will have to get mine and use it for a few trips to come up with some ideas

Ridgetop

FNG
How about a bino chest pack? Something UL and modular that would attach to the shoulder straps (Like a Koala lift kit) and or the sternum stap, and would quick detach to be mounted elsewhere on your backpack when not needed. Maybe with a magnetic clasp on the top lid for quiet and easy access to the binos. A Kifaru lash kit (something you might be carrying already) could be used to make an x harness for stand alone use when not wearing a backpack i.e. glassing near camp. Sort of like a mini Koala for binoculars was what I was thinking. Just an idea I have been mulling over as I am becoming more dissatisfied with my Crookedhorn bino system.

Bug net that takes the place of an annex for a Super/Para Tarp and some good setup for bino. carry as ridgetop suggested
Tim

cmeier117

WKR
Timberline on a duplex frame would be nice as long as with the composite stays and standard lid you could get down to 6.5 lbs? Don't know if it is possible. Also Could we see a Timberline/KU hybrid pack? I don't know how much weight we could save but I was thinking KU material for lid and body of pack. but pockets put on on front and side done with cordura for extra abrasion resistance and camo option with cordura sleeping bag area? Could we get a timberline type pack under 5lbs? 4.5 lbs? Just a thought. Also not that I could afford it but I heard about their new clothing line with the new fabrics and multicam. That would be cool to see those. I would want a wind shirt!

cmeier117

WKR
a duplex frame option for the t1 and t2 would be ok I guess but why? The t1, t2, and t3 cover the needs of pretty much everyone I think. by adding the pockets to the timberline, I think you guys have knocked it out of the park. I will have to get mine and use it for a few trips to come up with some ideas

I can tell you why I would think it would be cool. For guys who do a lot of packing out meat of their game and their buddies. On the last load you could ditch the bag and put the cargo panel on and have a dedicated hauler. Again I have a T2 coming and will do everything I need but some may like to have the frame.

cmeier117

WKR
Aron one more thing, 500D cargo panel with no Pals webbing for use with Timberline for hauling out a whole antelope, Quarter, deer. In place of a grab it and lash kit. Maybe just add two dock and lock attachment points on top of the grab it and then just add another grabit on top of the bottom grabit. Man my wheels are turning and I am going to get nothing done today at work. ;) Thanks for including us.

Gman

WKR
Timberline bag on duplex frame is great for guys that already own a duplex frame (like me :) ). Would love to be able to take advantage of my current frame and save some bucks.

I can tell you why I would think it would be cool. For guys who do a lot of packing out meat of their game and their buddies. On the last load you could ditch the bag and put the cargo panel on and have a dedicated hauler. Again I have a T2 coming and will do everything I need but some may like to have the frame.

I see where you are coming from. I debone my game and pack out in my pack. I have not used a pack board for years. guess I forgot about the use as a hauler.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We had a lot of brain storming going on, but nothing is solid yet.

As most of you know, nothing goes on the market quickly with Kifaru! Anything that we talked about yesterday will be tested in depth before it even gets considered to go on the market.

The KU and Timberline packs are pretty hard to compete with, so anything else is going to take some serious R&D.

Tough to improve on the Longhunter, Timberlines or KU packs. Im sure Aron had some good ideas and Patrick will think of some as well. I am pretty much set up to take on the world with a Longhunter Guide, KU, and a Lateseason.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Bino chest pack made of the UL material! That would be perfect
+1 on that!!! I use an Alaskan Guide creations one, but I am willing to bet if Patrick went into one of his Zen modes of creativity he'd come up with a design I would HAVE to have. :D