Head

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Wow, 5, you need to be 'converted'! ;)

Not sure what would do that, as I've tried wearing one hiking in and out and don't care for that at all. Can't see for crap with red or green, and white is too bright IMO for a full light shining. I also hate the constant movement of light with every movement of my head while hiking in the dark.

I have the Fenix HL60 and the first version of the HP25. Reasons were the rechargeable access, super bright for tracking, multiple power levels. I believe I read somewhere they flash when battery gets low. Mine has not, but the power level you are at, will automatically drop to the next lower setting when battery level is getting low. All of my electronics are rechargeable so I never have to carry extra batteries, just a single power bank. It was a perfect system as my phone utilized the same micro USB. But now my new phone uses a C port. So I will be forced to carrying 2 cords.

I have been running the Fenix for years and see no reason to switch- rock solid. My HP25 has close to 100 hrs on it, and water proof proven. It is heavier with the battery pack in the head band, but I still prefer that over the battery pack remotely worn like the newer versions.
I cut up a bull at night and never knew it was there, hiked out in the rain and it was going strong all the way to the trail head.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Oh man 5miles a flashlight is a pain.

With the right one it's less of a pain than the headlamp. Easy to hold, I can filter just enough light with my fingers over the end, and I can point it exactly where I want it when need be. Now obviously if I am packing something out in the dark and need both hands free, then the headlamp goes on. But otherwise, I'll take my flashlight every time.

traviswdalton

Lil-Rokslider
Browning nitro

89f8989e25432b04ec19dd6a39fb8781.jpg

I use the red for walking in and out it will last a season and a half. Burns through batteries quick on high but it is super bright. On low it’s still to bright for walking in and out of stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mi_fiveo

WKR
I have the Black Diamond Storm but I still haven’t figured out how to use the darn thing. The sequence of button pushes to change the settings is a pain in the ass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmden

WKR
I have the Black Diamond Storm but I still haven’t figured out how to use the darn thing. The sequence of button pushes to change the settings is a pain in the ass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No doubt. I had to download the manual to my phone or take pictures of it as over the winter I forget the fine points of how to use the dang thing! But sure like it once I figure it out.

i love the black diamond storm and don't notice any hum like others have mentioned. also use a petzl e lite for backup which has bailed me out on a number of occasions when i run out the back door and forget my storm.

jmden

WKR
I can hear a little whine/buzz when I put the new BD Storm right to my ear, but I don't hear it while wearing it...yet. What is it coming from I wonder?

Buckman

WKR
What brand and model is that charger on the left in your pic? It looks adjustable in battery length, true? Place to purchase? Thanks great info.

EZDoesit

FNG
I am a fan of the Fenix HL60R . . . Mostly because I have dropped it more times than I care to remember and it’s still working fine. That thing has taken a beating 😁

Wolfey

FNG
I like the gyrfalcon all 44 charger. It's not tedious to use really. I think the only time it's tedious is when charging a lot of small batteries like NIMH AAA's when you need to charge at a slower current and then each channel needs to be adjusted to that current individually(maybe there's a way to adjust all channels at once).

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk