Headlamp for Entry / Exit

I'm not sure it matters too much but I would recommend getting one that's rechargeable. I got a petzl that's rechargeable and it's so nice having one that's fully charged at the start of every day. It also takes AAA's so I have some in my pack for back up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Aaron Warpony

Lil-Rokslider
i have a few of the black diamond Spot headlamps and they work good, adjustable brightness and red option. But like others said, don't overthink it

Travis907

WKR
I love my Predator Tactics headlamp. It goes from Indiana to outwest every year and every place in between. Look them up!

Hondo

WKR
Ditto on the Nitecore NU25. Great headlamp that is rechargeable, compact and inexpensive. I generally only use the red lights around livestock.

RMBHS

FNG
I've used a Petzl e-lite recently. Gives just enough light, but is small enough to fit anywhere without being bulky.

TFrank

WKR
This is my go-to headlamp for everything. I find red to be much easier on my own eyes if I am trying to maintain my night/low light vision.

Great lamp.

Backup for the bill of my hat is

Cyclops HATCLIP LIGHTS CYC-MHC2PK-W​

I think it is the same or similar to the KNOCK ON brand someone already posted.

Last edited:
I really like the led lenser headlamps, i have several and have been using them for over a decade. Super bright, rechargeable and lightweight depending on the model. My favorite is the mh10 right now

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of good headlamp options for multi colour headlamps if you want to go that route. If I'm crossing open ground, I'm more concerned about animals seeing me from a distance and potentially spooking. In this case I prefer the red light on my Petzl.

But when moving through the bush I have walked right up on deer in the dark with a white headlamp on. In the bush, I'm more concerned about noise spooking deer when entering/exiting a stand in the dark and prefer my headlamp on white "can see where I'm placing my feet better" on the lowest intensity.