Headlamp recommendation

Fitzwho

WKR
I have two black diamonds. An Icon with the 4-AA battery pack on the back and picked up a Revolt this year in Colorado when I forgot my Icon at home. No complaints so far.

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
Nightstik, Streamlite and the NEBO lights and are rechargeable as well.
Nebo is a little heavier then the others but is at 500 lumens with a red light and the red hazard light also.
Good luck with your search and let us know what you end up with it may help others here. Hhardrock

1967marti

FNG
Black diamond 'revolt' is pretty good. It has 2x AAA batteries internally. It will recharge via a mini-USB, so recharging with a power bank or simply swapping out the batteries for alkaline(s) are both viable options.

It’s time to consider where your light is made. Princeton Tec lights are made in USA and quality is excellent. I work nights in road construction and have a Princeton Tec mounted to my hard hat. I have been using their dive lights for years.

I have several of their headlamps and flashlights. I have given away dozens as gifts over the years, top quality and performance, not Chinese junk or overpriced brand name.

ebubedike

FNG
I was going to suggest Skilhunt H02C but it seems it doesn't accept CR123A batteries. Nor does it have recessed switch, but you could always lock it with a twist on the tailcap.

I suggest going for a quick wander through GearBest and BangGood. There must be a million inexpensive options out there, all quite functional, and sometimes the same as the expensive Western versions.

Austink47

WKR
Petzl e light is a must, tiny and lasts forever, great for camp chores and as a backup. BD storm as the go to hiking in the dark / serious business headlamp.

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
I have a BD Storm and a BD Spot, I only use the storm when setting decoys waterfowling or other noisy activities as the Storm has a metallic whine that drives me nuts. I use the Spot for everything else and really like it. I have also have and use Petzls, PrincTecs, and other off brand that were given to me. Overall I am happy with the Spot, and plan to pick up a Revolt for backcountry trips that require me to bring an external battery for my phone & gps

I own 6 different headlamps right now and my favorite is/was the Alaskan Guide XP by Cabelas however it was very pricey and lasted only one season of hard use before a cable connecting to the batteries wore out and rendered the unit useless. Black Diamond makes decent headlamps as well as Browning but I must say the best money I've spent on a headlamp was an Energizer headlamp. They carry them in many stores and I picked one up impromptu when I forgot a headlamp on a trip some time ago and for $15 I paid it has withstood the test of time and works just as good as any of the others.

Michael54

WKR
I have a nitecore hc 60 and use the snot out of it. I can recharge it via usb or by throwing a freshly charged 3400 mah battery in it. I also have the p90 tactical flashlight that takes the same batteries. Both have been crucial in finding kills made at dusk. I had an 8pt buck that was found by the flashlight. No blood only a tiny bit of hair. Found him doing a 360 circle the flashlight caught his rack slightly sticking up behind a log. My father in law is heading to Montana on wednesday and the two things he asked to borrow was my flashlight and headlamp. He's been going yearly for the past 20 years and loves it. Needless to say its his christmas present this year.

Black diamond 'revolt' is pretty good. It has 2x AAA batteries internally. It will recharge via a mini-USB, so recharging with a power bank or simply swapping out the batteries for alkaline(s) are both viable options.
These are handy. I have two. One for the truck and one for the pack. I keep a short cord and an Anker power bank in the pack.

Im all about good gear when it's worth it, but for headlamps, I'd go with one of the cheapy ones off Amazon. I got a couple of cree LED headlights for $10 a piece from Amazon.

No joke, I dropped it out of my pocket and ran it over. Other than some new scratches, it works fine. I now carry 2 headlamps and an extra set of batteries, can't weigh more than 8-10oz total.

I'm not aware of the huge advantages to the expensive ones, but I love my cheap ones and I"m on my 3rd season with them and both still work fine.

x2 on el' cheapos off Amazon.

I've been using a Vitchelo brand for several years. Plenty of light and decent battery life. Last fall, after 3 years of use, I stepped on it and broke a piece of the housing but thought the light still may be salvageable. I contacted Vitchelo to ask about a replacement part and they sent me a whole new headlamp for free! Blew my mind.

Have also used the Foxelli brand, it is great too.

Both lights can be had for ~$15..

The Angelo Kid

Lil-Rokslider
I have run the Black Diamond Storm (older model) and Princeton Tec Remix (multicam version that has the 1 white maxbright LED and 3 red ultrabright LEDs). For me I would recommend the Princeton Tec Remix hands down. For me the red light is what sets it apart from the Storm and a lot of other headlamps I have messed with. It has a low and high setting for the red lights which allow you to do almost anything short of running with them. Having the ability to work around camp or even walk a trail with a red light to me is great. Too many headlamps I've seen or used that have a red light have such little output that you can basically only read a map 10 inches from the light. Just my two cents. The Remix can be had for $35.