Headlamp recommendations

Broomd

WKR
I've literally got a draw full of many of the headamps mentioned here.
Many good ones suggested.
The best imho? Nitecore. USB rechargeable.
Where it's at.

Bought two different styles in early Winter after tiring of the weight and hassle of batteries. The uber-light NU20 and the workhorse NU 32. I've been wearing the NU20 nightly for a month on low and med. and I still haven't charged it.
Crazy bright as well.

CHhiM%oaR3awx20bMpdK6w_thumb_1fa1.jpg

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Black Diamond Storm and I can't hear the high pitch whine because I cant hear sh** but other people around me complain about it. It works pretty good for my use but I hate the touch the side and get turbo mode or whatever it's called. For quick looks, I like to just grab it with my hand like a flashlight and turn it on but then it goes all bright, dim, bright. I wish there was a way to disable that feature. I don't know, maybe it's time to try a different light.

Sirot

FNG
Led Lenser MH2. Nice battery time and good light. :)

Very satisfied with the MH2, mine have performed good I think.

406unltd

WKR
Princeton Tec has a great selection and I’ve used them for the last 15ish years.

Wapiti16

FNG
I really like my black diamond storm. I liked my first one so much, I bought 3 more for my whitetail pack, my duck blind bag, and a backup. I've never heard a whine as others have mentioned and I have great hearing. Not sure what's going on with that. Mine have performed really well and I love the versatility.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Nitecore NU-20 for the mountains. Black Diamond Storm for when red light is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
I've literally got a draw full of many of the headamps mentioned here.
Many good ones suggested.
The best imho? Nitecore. USB rechargeable.
Where it's at.

Bought two different styles in early Winter after tiring of the weight and hassle of batteries. The uber-light NU20 and the workhorse NU 32. I've been wearing the NU20 nightly for a month on low and med. and I still haven't charged it.
Crazy bright as well.

View attachment 257699
I came to the same conclusion and got a NU32 for my primary hunting light. Really long run times. I also got an HC60 for when I need a bigger light or it is really cold and I want to switch to CR123 batteries.

Last edited:

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Brightest light I have came across up to this point is a Fenix not sure on model but I have tried several other brands but never loved them or hated them but always made me want more but I think I found my last one for the time being with the fenix.

Antares

WKR
Goodness, I am surprised at the variety. I didn’t think there was anything besides Petzl.