Headlamp

fire652

WKR
What is the brightest and lightest headlamp with the best battery life. I’ve been looking but need real world advice. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jardo

WKR
Zebra lights are going to get a lot of votes. They have many headlight models. Some require 18650 batteries ( my favorite for brightness and long run time) but they have cr123 and aa battery models as well.

Floods for tasks and hiking, beams are for cutting through the darkness.

I have the h600mk and I love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
Beendare did a good summary of his headlamp research. Should be easy to search. I'm a flashlight junky and stick with Fenix or Zebra. I have one Zebra lemon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
F

fire652

WKR
Beendare did a good summary of his headlamp research. Should be easy to search. I'm a flashlight junky and stick with Fenix or Zebra. I have one Zebra lemon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I look his post up thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calcoyote

FNG
Zebra is the goto company for headlamps. The only complaint that you hear is that their customer service is not so good. Some day I will breakdown a buy a Zebralight.

For now I use the FENIX HM50R. I have had great luck with the flahslights made by this company and this headlamp is well built and plenty bright. it runs around $59. My only complaint is I wish it was a little more "floody" with no hot spot. This model does have a hot spot and more throw than I need for a headlamp. When using a headlamp I am usually only interested in the area immediately around me and if I need to look at something "out there" aways I can reach in my pocket and grab my a small flashlight that will have more throw and not as much flood.

I am very happy with my Fenix, but the Zebra would be better.

Rob5589

WKR
I use a Fenix hl60. Crazy bright, crazy long battery life, usb rechargable. I used it all deer/elk season last yr plus a full season of duck hunting, and it is still crazy bright.

WYLight

FNG
Zebra headlamps are the best I’ve used and ever seen honestly. Weight, brightness, and burn time are all phenomenal.

Shraggs

WKR
Zebra is the goto company for headlamps. The only complaint that you hear is that their customer service is not so good. Some day I will breakdown a buy a Zebralight.

For now I use the FENIX HM50R. I have had great luck with the flahslights made by this company and this headlamp is well built and plenty bright. it runs around $59. My only complaint is I wish it was a little more "floody" with no hot spot. This model does have a hot spot and more throw than I need for a headlamp. When using a headlamp I am usually only interested in the area immediately around me and if I need to look at something "out there" aways I can reach in my pocket and grab my a small flashlight that will have more throw and not as much flood.

I am very happy with my Fenix, but the Zebra would be better.
Also settled on fenix hm 50 and love this light. Stupid simple to operate. I say that, only cause my buddies have zebras and are fiddling with them periodically. I think they are a touch brighter etc, but I like the UI on fenix.

I also prefer a decent spot with flood this light has. Low lumens combo is great around camp and sufficient light for any task in front of you. In contrast, my flood only surefire, needs more lumens to see camp tasks they way I like. The spot portion of the fenix on 30 lumens is sufficient for trails without a secondary spot handheld, although I carry one as the throw is way better when needed.

Newt

Lil-Rokslider
I’m apart of a different crowd. My main desire with a headlamp was that it use AA. Everything I have uses AA, except range finder, so it’s easy to carry spares.

I was using a black diamond but found it heavy. I found a off the wall one on amazon called colorday. Simple, takes 1 AA, weighs about 3oz with battery, on high lasts a touch over 4hrs with alkaline battery, and it can be positioned in almost any spot because it doesn’t click up and down like some.

I found a deal on one just like it mossy oak is now selling and put it in my pack for a spare. It’s lasted me 2 years now without a hiccup. I keep the big headlamp at camp if I need to go tracking at night.

ChrisAU

WKR
Litesmiths version of the Nitecore NU25 is cheap, super light, and super bright. Rechargeable is a plus for me, I don’t take any batter into the field other than a spare for my rangefinder. Has incredible batter life too, I used it 4-5 days a week during a 14 week long whitetail season here and recharged it 4-5 times.

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
do the Zebra lamps have a lock button? My Black Diamond will no longer lock and keeps turning on in my pack.

mcseal2

WKR
I went all rechargeable since I started carrying a battery pack for my phone and in reach. I go through a lot of phone battery when I'm not running on saved maps with my phone, I try to always download maps now.

Anyway I use a Black Diamond ReVolt as my primary headlamp. I like the lock function and it has held up well to hunting and fishing the last couple years. I also carry a Streamlight USB rechargeable micro light in my bino harness. If I ever drop my pack to pursue an animal I still have light with me that way. Longer trips like a drop hunt in AK we take my extra ReVolt as a spare for the group. If it isn't needed elsewhere it stays taped to the center pole in the tipi as a tent light.

CoHiCntry

WKR
FYI... I just purchased a Fenix from their website. Did a chat to ask a couple questions and at the end I asked if they had any discount codes. She gave me a code for 25% off and free shipping. The HL I bought was $75, it came out to $58 with the discount and free shipping!

Just got a zebra light after watching my buddy use his last season. I was running black diamond lights before that which treated me well for years, but the zebra light has the extra brightness for walking through rock and shale to help you see the high spots you usually trip over. Also I like how you can remove the light easily for a flashlight at camp!

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
Turn one battery around backwards so it won't turn on in your pack.

yes it works, but if in need to pull my headlamp out, i dont want to mess with opening battery compartment and flipping batteries around. i expect a light to work when needed.