Headlamps

Wondering if its worth it to get a high end headlamp. lets say $75 and above is whats im looking into. Up to this point i have bought some that have been in the $30 range. Typically they only last a few seasons. Thoughts or suggestions?

Ben RT

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely worth it. I have gone through countless $25+/- headlamps over the years, and finally got a Fenix HL60R for $55 to my door from some discount place online. It's super bright, has better light beam selection and quality, battery lasts forever, and it's rechargeable.

A lot of guys here seem to like the Zebra lights. Either way, it's absolutely worth it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bat-cave

WKR
My favorite is the BlackDiamond Icon ($100). I did own a Surefire and it was really nice and half the weight and bulk ... but expensive, batteries were expensive and not as easy to acquire as a AA battery ... and sucked when I lost it. The Icon is not the lightest, but I have been pleased with it. My .02 is just make sure that it has the strap that runs over the top of your head to keep it from falling down.

TravisIN

WKR
Black diamond Icon. They sell for around 75 bucks. They are very bright and since they run off 4aa great battery life. I put a pair of lithium’s in before my elk hunt at the end of August and just replaced them. I used it A LOT in that 3 months. Pretty much always on the highest setting. Other than When I was treestand hunting I’d switch to green while in the stand. It has red, blue, and green options. You can lock it so that you don’t accidentally turn it on. Really happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pikid89

FNG
I’ve used a Petzl Tikka, a Petzl Tactikka, a black diamond back when LEDs first came in, a pelican on my wildland fire helmet, and now a Fenix. The Fenix HM50R is by far my favorite so far.

I like my Nitecore HC65. Very bright, several different levels of brightness, a separate red LED, and rechargeable without removing the battery. Only improvements I'd like to see are a brighter red LED and a little less weight, although I'm not sure how they'd shed weight without compromising somewhere.

Zebralight have sub-lumen modes that preserve night vision. No need for red or green light. Awesomely programmable. Lightest, most compact form factor. Completely programmable.