Headlamps

lkwoolsey

WKR
Yep, Black Diamond and petzl, cant go wrong with either. I've used various headlamps from both companies over the years and never been disappointed. I currently run the Icon, and awesome.

wernerjd

FNG
Fenix head lamps seem to be the best for me. I have had others and they just don’t hold up like a Fenix.

ozyclint

WKR
very happy with my Fenix HL50. i love the battery versatility of being able to use both AA and CR123. a single CR123 lasts me a 2 week hunt in NZ. then i can pull batteries out of my gps or radio if needed since everything is AA.

Reactions: CCH

Mailman

FNG
I've used the black diamond whitetail hunting lots of use in the woods tracking really great

Werty

WKR
My former life as a home inspector, I have owned a lot of headlamps. I run energizer headlamps, I somehow lose them or break them, before they fail. I do carry 2 though. With 1 change of batteries.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Bought my son a 1000 lumen Nitecore from Drop for night fishing. Think it was $65. Seems very well made. He loves it, and you know how kids can be tough on gear. Am going to borrow it next September...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bushnel workout great till I was 2 miles from getting out... good to be hunting with a brother 🤣

ramses342

FNG
I have a Black Diamond Icon and really like it. I use it in the pouring rain all the time and it holds up. I walk my dogs in the winter with it every morning and mine is going good after a year and a half.

Beendare

WKR
I feel your paid OP, many dead black diamond and PT headlamps over the years.

The construction on the zebras and Fenix headlamps is far and away better than the way they make these cheap models.

I compared a bunch of them and came away very impressed with both zebra and Fenix.

One thing is for sure you want a high CR model in the 3500 to 4000 Kelvin. I can tell you the rechargeable Fenix and 18650 models outlast the AA & AAA models by a long mile.

Last edited:

blackdawg

WKR
BlackDiamond Icon. They last forever and the light output is amazing.

I use mine year around, on my 2nd one in 6 year’s. Haven’t found anything reasonably priced to replace it. A bought a few Black diamonds that were cheap for the kids and they crapped out, the customer service was excellent, replaced the lights for no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCH

WKR
I have a Fenix HL50, and it has been great. Just different construction than the Princeton-Tec/Petzls I've owned. Most of my other electronic gear is or was AA, so it's nice that you have the option. However, my buddy took a rechargeable Zebralight on his Dall Sheep hunt this fall and raved about its performance and battery life. If I were in the market, that's what I'd be looking at.

I have the Black Diamond Icon & love it. It stays tucked away in my pack & have some other cheap ones for around camp & at home for the kids to break / lose.

I just picked up a Princeton Tec Remix in multicam with the 3 red LEDs. I've used it the last few hunts and I'm really liking the red light. It's the brightest of any I've found and has 2 levels of brightness. The higher level is plenty bright to walk in/out to/from my stand at night. It also has a white light that is real floody that is around 300 lumens I think.

I just came across the new petzy swift rl and bought it. 900 leumens, compact, rechargable with battery indicator . Its a nice unit. Rated for a long burn time to but we will see

JLesniak

FNG
I've had nothing but good luck with the Zebralight 1AA flashlights & headlamps. Very solid and comfortable.