Headlamps!

vcb

WKR
I think I found my new headlamp for 2013 today. I'm a headlamp gear head and always have to check out the new ones. I was at "jax's" today and saw the new black diamond "revolt". I have used the icon prior and the revolt has 110 lumen main light, two led white lites and two red led's for night vision. I likely. What is your favorite headlamp?

bbrown

WKR
Bit of a thread jack - sorry - but you should consider Jax's stance on the current gun control before you spend any more there. Only after they sold all their military style weapons and magazines (at ridiculous prices no less) they decided to no longer carry them after the last school shooting. Yet they still sell the exact handguns used under the glass. I used to spend a ton of my hard earned money there to support a "local" company but no longer. Can't support a company that doesn't support our second amendment rights. After all they were/are a military surplus store...
Sorry again for the rant.

I have been using the Princeton quad but I would not mind finding a new one and the BD you described sounds perfect.

jherald

WKR
I have a Fenix HL21 that has been awesome for a year now. Runs on a single AA. 90 lumens with several settings for brightness. Weighs about 2.5 ounces WITH the battery. Its a very handy and small light with a bright LED bulb.

I also carry the Icon. Love this light and the mood light ability(dimming). Super bright @ 200 lumens.

I recently picked up a Petzl E+Light to carry as a backup in the backpack. It weighs less than a ounce.

Wrongside

WKR
Petzl tactikka plus for five years or so with Petzl e-lite as backup.

I was running that exact setup for a few years. The TacTikka Plus crapped out ( to Petzl's credit, they did replace it, no questions asked ) and while it was gone on warranty I started using Petzl's TacTikka XP. The XP is a great little lamp! So, that's my current setup, Petzl TacTikka XP with a Petzl E-Lite for backup/tent time.

Last edited:

KWest141

FNG
Fenix HP11 for me. Kinda heavy but in turbo mode its throws out 277 lumens that light up the night. Uses 4 AA batteries. And has 4 lighting modes.

Petzl Taktikka plus, really like being able to adjust the brightness to save battery life. But I always have extras with me!