HEADS UP- Garmin Mini may not link w/Bluetooth

GotDraw?

WKR
All,

Be CERTAIN to fully test your Garmin Mini blue tooth link to your phone via Garmin's app before heading out. Mine worked great last year, same phone this year and it would NOT connect w/bluetooth.

Had to uninstall the Garmin phone app and reinstall it. PITA to figure out the issue. Try yours now to make sure it works AND be sure to update your Mini's software too because this can cause problems with satellite/text messaging capabilities.

Posting this here because more folks will see it.

Best,

JL

bsnedeker

WKR
This is a good practice regardless....Garmin updates their stuff from time to time and if you don't have the proper updates in place your system may not work the way you want it to. If you wait to test until you are away from your home you could be in for an annoying experience.

MThuntr

WKR
Definitely refresh them often...a couple years ago I didn't refresh mine after making changes to the contacts. I was sending check-ins straight from the device to my ex-girlfriend. Luckily she was kind enough to share them with a mutual friend. Minor inconvenience compared to your bluetooth issue but another to be aware of.

archp625

WKR
Good heads up for everyone to check all your gear before hitting the road. If something doesn't work right you have time to regroup and get it working.

mlgc20

WKR
Yes. A great reminder. I have an 8-day Wyoming wilderness hike in 2 weeks. I just added this to my to-do list. Thanks.