Heads Up on Your Inreach

sneaky

"DADDY"
I haven't even owned a computer in years and my old style InReach still works. It updates on its own when I sync it up with my cell phone and the Earthmate app. I'll check and see what version I'm up to now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: dla

sneaky

"DADDY"
I may be an idiot, quite possible, but maybe this will help someone in the future.

I have had a mini for a couple years, recently I renewed my subscription prepping for a trip as usual. All systems go, test the device get dropped off in The Frank Church and bam, nothing. I could receive via my email account and receive other inreach addresses but I could not send anything. I could use testinreach and it would come back like it was functional. 7 days and I could not get a message out.

Come to find out I needed to update the software. It never mentioned that on my account, or anywhere else for that matter. The help desk was helpful but they could not tell me where I should have seen a notification of this. So apparently the testinreach function doesnt mean crap. Firmware is 2.80.
My hardware says 2.2 but my firmware says 2.16

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dla

WKR
Can the Mini update without a computer? Can it update with my cell phone? I don't own a computer anymore.

netman

WKR
I want to thank you guys for posting this up. I got my InReach out today and activated it and got it updated.
I appreciate the heads up!

JohnnyB

WKR
Thanks for the heads up. Just getting packed up for a trip next week and turned it on. After the update I plugged it into my phone and it updated the mapping software as well.

Hoot

WKR
I seem to remember this happening to me about 5 years ago as well, luckily I tested it before going on my trip, I make sure to update it every summer when I reactivate it. I am pretty sure it says to do that on their website too but I might be misremembering...

Jet4

FNG
I may be an idiot, quite possible, but maybe this will help someone in the future.

I have had a mini for a couple years, recently I renewed my subscription prepping for a trip as usual. All systems go, test the device get dropped off in The Frank Church and bam, nothing. I could receive via my email account and receive other inreach addresses but I could not send anything. I could use testinreach and it would come back like it was functional. 7 days and I could not get a message out.

Come to find out I needed to update the software. It never mentioned that on my account, or anywhere else for that matter. The help desk was helpful but they could not tell me where I should have seen a notification of this. So apparently the testinreach function doesnt mean crap. Firmware is 2.80.
Thanks for the tip 👍