Hearing Bugles Until Your Last Hunt, By Weston Adkins

Hamp1127

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_2657-scaled.jpg

Weston Adkins (@westonadkins ) is an audiologist currently working at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, specializing in diagnostics and cochlear implants. He earned his Doctorate in Audiology from the University of Iowa in 2017. He grew up in South Dakota hunting pheasants and whitetail and spent summers in college rock climbing and backpacking. Combining these two passions, he is now an aspiring backpack hunter.

Give him a warm Rokslide welcome and enjoy his article on hearing loss and protection.

Hearing Bugles Until Your Last Hunt
I'm 47 now and I have a really hard time hearing normal conversations. Never thought it would happen to me.

K-guns56

FNG
IMG_2657-scaled.jpg

Weston Adkins (@westonadkins ) is an audiologist currently working at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, specializing in diagnostics and cochlear implants. He earned his Doctorate in Audiology from the University of Iowa in 2017. He grew up in South Dakota hunting pheasants and whitetail and spent summers in college rock climbing and backpacking. Combining these two passions, he is now an aspiring backpack hunter.

Give him a warm Rokslide welcome and enjoy his article on hearing loss and protection.

Hearing Bugles Until Your Last Hunt
Awesome picture Westin

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for resurrecting this post, but as someone who recently developed NIHL that led to tinnitus, I found this very helpful. I'd love to connect and ask you some questions if you don't mind reaching out as well @westonadkins ! Thank you
He’s still active on the site.

Let me know if you don’t hear from him, I might be able to help.

Voyageur

WKR
@westonadkins do you have any thoughts/advice to share on the over the counter hearing aid options recently (fairly recently) made available? As I understand it they can be purchased without seeing an audiologist. Good, bad, what to look out for, etc?
As always, thanks.

@westonadkins do you have any thoughts/advice to share on the over the counter hearing aid options recently (fairly recently) made available? As I understand it they can be purchased without seeing an audiologist. Good, bad, what to look out for, etc?
As always, thanks.

Hey there! I completely missed this notification - sorry about that. Sending you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk