Hearing protection

Dcrafton

WKR
I currently have a few types, the standard ear plugs, the electronic ear muffs.
I’m looking at the electronic ear bud style.
Does anyone have experience with the electronic ear bud style of hearing protection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use some for target practice. For shorter hunts, they might be OK. I prefer to keep things more simple. I have found the rubber type plugs with a lanyard best. I can keep them handy and insert them quickly for a shot.

Headphones are too heavy and cumbersome.
Foam plugs get lost or take too long to expand in the ear for a quick shot.

EEP 100

At the range I use what I have linked above. They do work and I can still have a conversation with someone close by on the line.

To test for hearing enhancement I put them in while in a normal setting, inside home, and I have used them while hunting. It was very minimal if any increase for me.

I do prefer them over muffs or the basic foam / rubber ear plugs

I went full custom here (https://www.goaxil.com/product-category/performance-hearing-aids/). They are pricey, but you can wear them all day with absolutely no discomfort. My wife and I shoot a lot (2-3 competitions a month) so it was worth it to us. I just wearing them during stalks and what not.

Otherwise, I use the Surefire EP4 Sonic Defenders ear buds integrated into my radio communications (HAM radio). My left side has my radio and the right is normal.

wyosteve

WKR
I have the Sound Gear in canal type. They are ok, but don't block the noise completely, they just damper the decibels. I prefer a complete block of the noise so end up using my Howard Leight electronic muffs most of the time.