Heartland

2 teaser pics from my bowyer. Talked a little this weekend to him to make sure we were aligned on everything. Ended up going with a 62'' unstrung bow, should sit right at 59'' at brace. 1-2 weeks left and I feel like a kid before Christmas. I may not even really tinker with it until the end of May so I don't forgo shooting my compound and destroy my league scores.

I've already ordered a few arrows to test, clicker, custom Selway, custom antler limb bolts, Ten Ring string, spring rest and some random arrow components.

Attachments

• Heartland.jpg
    Heartland.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Heartland2.jpg
    Heartland2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 43

oldgoat

WKR
2 teaser pics from my bowyer. Talked a little this weekend to him to make sure we were aligned on everything. Ended up going with a 62'' unstrung bow, should sit right at 59'' at brace. 1-2 weeks left and I feel like a kid before Christmas. I may not even really tinker with it until the end of May so I don't forgo shooting my compound and destroy my league scores.

I've already ordered a few arrows to test, clicker, custom Selway, custom antler limb bolts, Ten Ring string, spring rest and some random arrow components.
Reverse limb? If yes, good choice! His reverse limb bow may be the smoothest drawing bow I've ever shot and living a couple minutes from RMSGEAR I get to try a lot of bows! Like butter all the way to 31"!

OP
Page Master
Reverse limb? If yes, good choice! His reverse limb bow may be the smoothest drawing bow I've ever shot and living a couple minutes from RMSGEAR I get to try a lot of bows! Like butter all the way to 31"!

Yep! It is belly mounted. That is where I first shot one of Cory's bows. I was shooting with Tom Clum Sr and he let me put my booger hooks on his.

My first longbow was/is bacote riser and bacote veneers... love the figure. It has darkened up quite a lot in the 15 years or so I've had it. Yours is going to be a looker!

OP
Page Master
Turned my pronghorn mount into a silhouette for Drew at Selway to put on a quiver for the bow. Hopefully only another week and it'll be on its way.

Attachments

• Mount2.jpg
    Mount2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Selway.jpg
    Selway.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 9
I have a heartland bow. It’s awesome! Love the grip and it feels like you can hold all day at full draw. It’s definitely my favorite bow

OP
Page Master
I lucked out and saw one brand new on RMS gear. I plan on ordering another one at some point to have a back up. Whatever his wait is would be worth it. It’s a shooter

I remember seeing that one on his insta, then on RMSG. Good looking bow man.

OP
Page Master
So the bowyer decided he had a better wood in mind for my bow. New plan is curly spalted maple limbs and a phenolic / Shedua riser. Sent teaser pics of the limbs.

Attachments

• Limbs.jpg
    Limbs.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 7
OP
Page Master
Update. Final spray is tonight. Should be on the way home tomorrow.

Attachments

• Heartland.jpg
    Heartland.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Heartland2.jpg
    Heartland2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Heartland3.jpg
    Heartland3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Heartland4.jpg
    Heartland4.jpg