Heat Vanes with Fixed Blade

I am considering trying Heat vanes with kudu points broadheads using helical 3 fletch. I was using flex fletch 300 and I'm concerned that the Heat vane is to small for a 2 blade fixed head.

Anyone have experience using Heat vanes with fixed broadheads?

Thank you,

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I am considering trying Heat vanes with kudu points broadheads using helical 3 fletch. I was using flex fletch 300 and I'm concerned that the Heat vane is to small for a 2 blade fixed head.

Anyone have experience using Heat vanes with fixed broadheads?

Thank you,
I run the heat vanes in a 4 fletch configuration and love them. Durable, low profile, and quieter than blazers. That being said the fixed blade broadhead I use is fairly low profile (shuttle-t’s). I would recommend them though

I have been using heat for 2 years after having clearance issues with blazer. They stick very well with super glue gel and are very durable. I also run a 4 vane helical and have had good broadhead flight with magnus stinger, black hornets, slick trick mags, and iron wills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve shot them out to 60 with ATAC and they hit inside the larger white dot on the matrix right with my field points. Using them 3 fletch with Arizona ez fletch right helical.

kodiakfly

WKR
I’m in the process of switching vanes from the Blazers and Heat are on my short list. Everything I’ve heard on them is four fletch for fixed blades and maybe even mechanicals. But seems like the wind is the biggest detractor. I’ve not shot them yet myself...just relaying what I’ve been told. I’ll get some done this week and try to shoot some over the weekend.

OP
F
I’m in the process of switching vanes from the Blazers and Heat are on my short list. Everything I’ve heard on them is four fletch for fixed blades and maybe even mechanicals. But seems like the wind is the biggest detractor. I’ve not shot them yet myself...just relaying what I’ve been told. I’ll get some done this week and try to shoot some over the weekend.

Yeah I'm thinking 4 fletch as well, but since they are 2.5" long I'm considering a vane closer to the 2" length for 4 fletch.

OP
F
So as an update. Due to minimal time to do a bunch of testing with baby #2 arriving in a week I decided to go with my gut and am gonna fletch up Q2I Fusion XII 1.75" 4 fletch with a 2 degree offset.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I shot Heat vanes last year, 4 fletch right helical (Bitz), and was able to shoot Iron Will s125 and v125 broadheads long range really well with this setup. I met with one of the Bohning Engineers and he said that the Heat vane was their quietest vane and the stiffness made it steer like a higher profile vane similar to the Blazer. I'm not sure if I buy that completely, but they seemed to work pretty well in 4 fletch for me.

Bohning Engineers ... said that the Heat vane was their quietest vane and the stiffness made it steer like a higher profile vane similar to the Blazer.

They told me the same. I didn’t get around to fletching them last year, but I plan to do so in a few weeks. I’m planning to move from Gold Tip Pro Hunters 3-fletch Blazers to a Pierce Tour/Platinum 4-fletch Heat.

OP
F
Well I wish I would have stayed with heats now and used 4 fletch. Oh well even though these Q2i vanes are shorter then heats i think I’ll be ok in 4 fletch as I know a lot of guys using AAE max pro which are very similar in size to the Q2i I’m using.

Well I wish I would have stayed with heats now and used 4 fletch. Oh well even though these Q2i vanes are shorter then heats i think I’ll be ok in 4 fletch as I know a lot of guys using AAE max pro which are very similar in size to the Q2i I’m using.

You could always refletch a few, compare the performance, and report back to us.

sheajeff

FNG
I am using three fletch heat vanes with a right helical, behind 100 grain qad exodus, and they are grouping very well out to 70 yards. I tried the the same setup with four fletch, and did not see any improvement over the three fletch.

OP
F
I am using three fletch heat vanes with a right helical, behind 100 grain qad exodus, and they are grouping very well out to 70 yards. I tried the the same setup with four fletch, and did not see any improvement over the three fletch.

Awesome! thanks for sharing as this is some good insight. Playing around with different setups is the only way to really know.