Heat without the hefty price tag?

I’ve been looking around at hot tents and ways to add heat to my camping/hunting set up. Although I’d like to buy a Seek tent with stove it’s a bit out of my price range. Has anyone here added just a stove to their current set up? What kind of setup are you guys running?

Currently use a MSR Hubba Hubba when camping and I’ve been thinking if maybe adding the stove to this if it would be worth it. Or am I just asking for my tent to melt since it’s not built for an added stove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdP

WKR
Here in the east I use a Seek Outside DST tarp to catch the heat from a campfire. No need for a stove. There are plenty of rocks for a reflector fireplace and plenty of downed branches to burn. I start a fire as soon as I get to camp in the evening, usually after dark, and burn it until I climb in my sleeping bag a few hours later. I am under cover and warm and can dry out whatever needs drying. This past fall I used the tarp set up over my Kuiu Summit Star. It may be hard to see but the top of the tarp is actually directly over the fire. It helps that the prevailing wind is pretty consistent from the west and when it does come out of the east it is very slight.20211114_151350.jpg

WoodBow

WKR
You can buy a stove jack and sew it into just about any shelter.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
I starting to wonder If I am the only person who doesn't build a fire in my tent. lol
count me in on that...I've looked at the option of it and to do it right and convenient (light, small, etc.) the juice aint worth the squeeze

qb4life07

FNG
Buddy of mine bought the ozark wall tent from wal mart and stove and pipe from home depot. Used it in November in Ohio, got a good bit of sleet and snow and wind on that trip. Did really well. Cheaper option!

What does everyone do when you have a fire restriction?? Last 2 years in Colorado we had a fire ban even during the early Sept. snowstorm 2 years ago. We were lucky we had hauled out a propane heater with a 25# tank. We bailed out of our back country spike camp the day before the storm and hunted out of TH. Ran the propane in our 4 person tent for a couple days. Ended up using all the propane. This year we have a new Kodiak 10x10 and a Colorado Spruce to enjoy at base. Will be hard to leave this to pack in the 8+miles to spike.

EdP

WKR
We had a burn ban in the Nat Forest here all fall long in 2016. I didn't do a backcountry hunt that year for that reason. I also didn't go deep on any of my day hunts because I want to be able to warm up if I need to. I don't know if the burn ban applies to stoves or just open fires. I think it was just open fires but that is something you might want to investigare.

From what I’ve read I thought you could have the contained fire but needed the spark arrestor on the stack? Could be wrong

kjw

WKR
For a one or two nighter, I’ve left the cylinder stove behind at times and used a couple hot hands in my sleeping bag instead. I’ll stuff my dehydrated meal in the bag while its
Doing it thing for 10 mins to get the bag warmed up. After I eat and am ready to climb in I make sure I am warm, especially my feet and then climb in and open a couple hot hands. It’s no comparison to having the heat of the stove but it has worked

Bachto

WKR
Luxe makes a pretty affordable hot tent set up. I have the 3 man tipi and though the quality isn't a Seek, the price is pretty reasonable. They often have sales also I got my shelter and small stove for under $500.

After having a hot tent I don't think I could go without now. It's 100% worth the extra weight, but now I don't have to worry as my goats carry my gear for me lol.

Rich M

WKR
Buddy of mine bought the ozark wall tent from wal mart and stove and pipe from home depot. Used it in November in Ohio, got a good bit of sleet and snow and wind on that trip. Did really well. Cheaper option!
I have one of these and used a large buddy heater on 20# tank. Worked fine til it went negative numbers. The tent is nice, fit 4 of us.