HEAT!!

Yarak

WKR
No but it’s a start.... even if it’s a little too late. if climate Scientists are right ( and I suspect they are) We have already passed the tipping point. This is just gonna get worse and worse with a few good years scattered in there to give climate change deniers some hope. Massive wildfires make a bad CO2 situation even worse and that’s a self feeding cycle. Add in spiraling overpopulation coupled with drought and crop failure and I give our species about 100 years tops. In 50 years we won’t be hunting. Not because of Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi, but because the species we hunt will have very little habitat and will either be extinct or close to it.

If there’s an interplanetary DOW they need to start issuing depredation tags or them humans is just gonna ruin that nice habitat they got there.

I hope to God that I’m wrong, and that those of you who believe the resources of this planet are endless are right. I will gladly eat my hat on this one but unfortunately I’m not gonna have to.
Now if we could just stop those darned volcanoes from erupting we’d all be safe

You could be here in Washington we cant even go out and hike it’s is hot and dry so I see some of there reasoning but not sure why we can’t at least go hike
0e973d34ff1e10fbfee9f418e922d27c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Spike elk

WKR
No but it’s a start.... even if it’s a little too late. if climate Scientists are right ( and I suspect they are) We have already passed the tipping point. This is just gonna get worse and worse with a few good years scattered in there to give climate change deniers some hope. Massive wildfires make a bad CO2 situation even worse and that’s a self feeding cycle. Add in spiraling overpopulation coupled with drought and crop failure and I give our species about 100 years tops. In 50 years we won’t be hunting. Not because of Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi, but because the species we hunt will have very little habitat and will either be extinct or close to it.

If there’s an interplanetary DOW they need to start issuing depredation tags or them humans is just gonna ruin that nice habitat they got there.

I hope to God that I’m wrong, and that those of you who believe the resources of this planet are endless are right. I will gladly eat my hat on this one but unfortunately I’m not gonna have to.
Hopefully the climate scientists that you refer to are a different breed than the ones that have been hitting the left and right upright on every climate PAT attempt during my lifetime. Here are some headlines from apocalyptical predications:

1972- The Washington Post: New Ice age by 2070
1974- NOAA: New Ice Age Coming Fast
1974- Time: Another Ice Age?
1976- NASA Data: The Cooling
1978- Associated Press: No End in Sight to 30-Year Cooling Trend
1988- RealClimateScience.com: Maldives completely under water in 30 years
1989- Associated Press- New York City's West Side Highway underwater by 2019
1989- UN Warns That Entire Nations Wiped Off the Face of the Earth by 2000 From Global Warming
2000- CEI.org: Children won't know what snow is.
2002- The Independent: Famine in 10 years.
2004- The Guardian: Britain to have Siberian Climate by 2020
2008- Associated Press: Al Gore warns of ice-free Artic by 2013
2013- USA Today: Artic ice-free by 2015
(As of 2020 the minimum extent was 1.44 million square miles of sea ice in the artic)
2014- The Guardian: Only 500 days before climate chaos
Lets fast forward to 2020- CNN: Glacier National Park is replacing signs that predicted its glaciers would be gone by 2020

Anyone who went to school in the 70s ,80s, or even early 90s will remember the book by Stanford scientist Paul Erlich titled "The Population Bomb" that predicted that the world would be overpopulated in the 80s and 90s and we would all starve to death. The dude was a freaking hero. Turns out to be the complete opposite as America's waistline grew with the population. Think I will not worry about any predictions climate scientists make as science linked to political movements is too easily manipulated. But I do agree. I hate the heat and am looking forward to cooler weather.

ethan

WKR
Hopefully the climate scientists that you refer to are a different breed than the ones that have been hitting the left and right upright on every climate PAT attempt during my lifetime. Here are some headlines from apocalyptical predications:

1989- UN Warns That Entire Nations Wiped Off the Face of the Earth by 2000 From Global Warming
(As of 2020 the minimum extent was 1.44 million square miles of sea ice in the artic)
Lets fast forward to 2020- CNN: Glacier National Park is replacing signs that predicted its glaciers would be gone by 2020

Anyone who went to school in the 70s ,80s, or even early 90s will remember the book by Stanford scientist Paul Erlich titled "The Population Bomb" that predicted that the world would be overpopulated in the 80s and 90s and we would all starve to death. The dude was a freaking hero. Turns out to be the complete opposite as America's waistline grew with the population. Think I will not worry about any predictions climate scientists make as science linked to political movements is too easily manipulated. But I do agree. I hate the heat and am looking forward to cooler weather.
Why would you insert these pesky facts into the equation?!! We we’re all going to freeze and starve, now we’re all gonna burn up and drown from polar ice melting! Just go with it! …… 🙈

Marble

WKR
I live in nor cal where 100+ is the summer norm. But its super dry and bearable. Been spending time in Phoenix lately and it's thunderstorm season. The other day it was 106 and super high humidity. I have been in the south in temps around the low 90s with high humidity and in the desert at 126. All was horrible. But Tuesday was so bad people were just dropping like flies on their way to the game. No thanks...

September is almost here...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
It’s been relatively mild in WI. 70s and 80s all summer.

I work construction and complain about it daily to my wife. We have had some 118 days here this year. Hang in there

You could be here in Washington we cant even go out and hike it’s is hot and dry so I see some of there reasoning but not sure why we can’t at least go hike
0e973d34ff1e10fbfee9f418e922d27c.jpg

Well the Cascades and OP are open for hiking. And it’s been spectacular all season. Best air quality we’ve had in at least the last five years. Very crowded though. I don’t ever remember seeing so many out of state plates. I think every van lifer has made it out this way in the last few weeks and looking at the air quality maps it’s easy to see why.

f835a3b415ce84659758968a6206d6a0.jpg

Every time I think I want to move to the Inland NW summer smoke season rolls around and all of a sudden Puget Sound doesn’t seem quite so horrible.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Down here on the northern Gulf its hibernation time.
Too hot to be outside.
Sitting on the back porch this morning with my coffee @ 0700
and sweat rolling off my scalp.
Simply miserable.
I welcome the afternoon Thunderstorms.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Texas sucks and its too hot they say.....
Welcome to the 7th layer of hell. Its on ya'll and its nice down here. Thank you changing weather patterns.

260madman

WKR

You left off Canadian Acid Rain that was going to melt everybody’s skin off and melt the cars. I think that was around 1986?

How are those polar bears these days? I thought the ice caps were supposed to be gone by now and Scandinavia was going to overrun with them along with winter temps of 50*.

manitou1

WKR
Wyoming has been very hot and dry also.
The norm since late spring. It is not unusual for it to be 80-85 degrees at 9:30-10 p.m. Unreal! We are usually weary a long sleeve shirt or jacket mornings and evening here in the past.
Yes, we had a week of 102 deg-106, but the norm lately has been upper 90s and low 100s for several weeks here. Even pretty warm up high at 10k', although the nights do get down in the 50s.

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
Living up near Canada I try not to complain about heat. It seems like 9 months a year we are just freezing but man has it been humid and hot with no rain! We all deserve a break!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
There is absolutely nothing valuable about this thread. I'm just whining, because, well.......I can and I want to.
The temps here in Idaho......and I live in the mountains.......have been unreal. We have had 106....IN LOWMAN and its been pretty much at 100 or near 100 for a long time. Been backpacking every single weekend into a different high country lake but it's also been hotter than hell in that country as well.
I'm ready for snow.
Kinda hoping fuzzy wuzzy or robby will do a rain dance.

Randy

Dang Randy, it has been nasty—you remember 2003? Three day stretch over 100 and many days in the 90s. Stayed hot clear into mid-October. I’d do that rain dance for you if I thought it’d help. I don’t ever ever wanna see Fuzzy do any kind of dance so don’t ask!