Heathers choice weight?

Not sure if this is the right place for this but was wondering if anyone knows the weights on the heathers choice meals. Also, anyone done taste tests on the line up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
I do know they are slightly lighter than other alternatives like Mountain House but MUCH smaller which is nice for packing. The taste is a bit personal though and is a little "out there" compared to most brands that try to keep things simple for lack of a better word. I like the dorowat but have seen others that cant stand it, the salmon chowder is good and the salmon bites are AWESOME...much appreciated alternative to the daily jerky for snacks. Others I didn't care for.

Just for kicks I went and grabbed a heathers choice smoked salmon chowder (4 oz) and a mountain house chicken teriyaki with rice (5.01 ounces).

OP
alexminton
Sweet thank you! I was going to order the sampler kit to try em all

Definitely more compact than others, and the food "sticks to your ribs" longer too, probably because the meals are so protein rich.

I don't really like the taste of any of the dinners that much, but I do think that they provide more energy for a longer time than the typical Mountain House stuff I otherwise eat.

Rehydration takes longer than with other freeze dried brands. When the label says to rehydrate for 20 minutes, it really means 20 minutes.

I used the sampler pack while in Utah this year and honestly the food taste wasn't all that but the meals as stated above are better for you and provide more energy. The packaroons are a bit dry feeling and just made me thirsty more than anything. And I learned I wasn't that big of a fan of coconut.