Heavy duty vacuum seal bags

I just ordered 100 bags from MEAT! to give a try. They currently have 25% off site wide and take an additional 15% off with HUNTER15. Comes out to $13 for 100 quarts bags. Seems worth giving them a shot for that price. They have both chamber bags and external. I have a pile of Food Saver ones and as the OP said, they seem to be about the thickest I've found, just checking these MEAT! bags out b/c they're much more affordable and I'll switch to them if they're as durable.

It seems a lot of people sorta missed the boat on what the question was. In the end, a person just needs to move slow when moving stuff around. You can put a piece of 5 mil plastic between two rocks and if you bang them together it will get a hole in it. Essentially the same thing happening with frozen bricks of meat in vac bags, just that most bags are 1 mil at best so they break easier. Don't matter if it's an external sealer or chambered or if you're putting a single seal on or a triple - they all puncture just the same if a person is rough with them.

Most commercial dealers do a double seal row. My big Cabelas one does.

I have a Foodsavwr sealer I’ve had for close to 15 years that works well on light duty stuff. But it won’t stand up to repeated sealing when processing and sealing meat without overheating and shutting down for 15 min.

Doesn’t address the OP’s issue but just wanted to put that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve been using a vacuum sealer for years but it always disappoints me. The food saver Game Saver bags are the heaviest I’ve really ever found. The cabelas ones I got were junk. Does anyone make a truly heavy duty vacuum seal bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t know if I’m allowed to post links on here - but I can’t recommend these enough! And they’re such a good deal - I use them for more than just freezing game.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BKFG3CQ1/ref=cx_skuctr_share?smid=A3AT4ETZLAKLIN

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052BKFTS/ref=cx_skuctr_share?smid=A3AT4ETZLAKLIN

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I go through about 750 bags a year on average. I buy all my bags from Vacuum Sealers Unlimited and buy them by the 1000 or 500. I use 4 and sometime 5 mil bags in my chamber sealer. Bag savings for a chamber sealer will eventually pay for it over time.

I've switched over to LEMs bags, get them at orchlens, boomgars, or tractor supply. Or online. Switched last year and so far so good. Their premade quart bags also have a notched tear hear spot which is great for snack sticks!

waurine

FNG
I’ve been using a vacuum sealer for years but it always disappoints me. The food saver Game Saver bags are the heaviest I’ve really ever found. The cabelas ones I got were junk. Does anyone make a truly heavy duty vacuum seal bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been using WeVac bags for the last year I like them better than foodsaver. Recently ran across another brand in my canning group that is called Outofill they are 7 mil thick

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
I've been using WeVac bags for the last year I like them better than foodsaver. Recently ran across another brand in my canning group that is called Outofill they are 7 mil thick

got a link to them? I dont seem to find anything by that name, and googling 7mil vaccuum bags really only finding commercial/wholesale products and quantities.