Heavy/LR Hunting Rifles in a Treestand

I have a Rem 700 Sendero 7mm STW that is a shooter over big crop fields here in TN. Mid day during the rut I will slip into the woods and sit on stand for mid day action.

Anyone sit on treestand with a heavy long range set up?

Nubba0681

FNG
My 308 scoped is a little over 11 lbs.
I take it all over the place. It’s just the rifle I have built confidence with over the years and I know it so well. I have built lighter rifles to go on the all day adventures and hunts specific areas with but I always pick up the 308… it just feels like home even though it is a lug to carry all day.

OMB

WKR
not so much heavy, but I tree stand sat last year with my CA Ridgeline 300 WM, 26"+brake is really not that enjoyable in the upper midwest deer woods. Really enjoy that gun but outside of hunting really open western country, it's just not practical with that barrel length.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
I took a Remington LTR to the woods with me once. Notice I said once. Walking with it sucked.

What I’ve found over the years is that the limitation to shooting accurately in a stand is your stand setup, not the rifle. I couldn’t find bench stability in a stand. A well built shooting house is another story.

If shooting only from a stand/house, no worries taking a heavy rifle. If walking, I’m taking a lighter rig.

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
Being from ky i have never had to walk a great amount of distance for deer hunting so taking a bigger rifle wasn’t an issue. Last few years with night time yote hunting finally
being legal for us i found value in a lighter rifle very quick. Constantly moving and longer walks make you realize really quick what most of this forum already knows.