Heavy Poundage Bows

moeleo

WKR
I figure this question may get a little more attention here hopefully since this is my bow for large game out west. I like shooting heavy poundage bows with heavy arrows. My new setup I ordered is an 80 lb Prime Centergy with a 30.5” Draw. My bow now with that draw I am shooting 29” arrows with a 100 grain tip and 4 AAE Promax arrows with a 7 grain wrap on a Spartan 250. At those specs my arrow weighs in at 507 grains out of my Carbon Defiant 34 is 298 FPS. Nothing wrong at all with that setup but I want to go a little heavier on the arrow. My question is if I jump to AAE Max Stealths which weigh 8.5 grains/fletch will up the rear by about 17 grains and if I jump to a 125 point with maybe a 30 grain brass weight behind the insert, am I going to be underspined? I’m thinking I am or I will be walking a fine line and maybe leading myself to some tuning issues. I was also looking at some stiffer arrows and I really don’t want to go to Rampage 150s as those are just way too much of the other end of the spectrum. The other arrow I was considering were the GT Kinetic Kaos 200s. Without any added weights behind the insert I would be roughly 568 grains at 30”. I’m looking to add a little length to my arrows because certain broadheads like the ramcats are a little to close for comfort on the riser shelf even indexed at 9 o’clock. I know sacrifices are going to have to be made with this setup somewhere but I know a lot of you shoot similar setups and I’d really appreciate your input. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dameon

WKR
I ran your specs through Archer’s Advantage and with your current arrows, you will be very slightly underspined with you plan. In my experience, software is overly stiff on optimum spine, so I think you will be fine. You can also use your current set up as is.

OP
moeleo

moeleo

WKR
I ran your specs through Archer’s Advantage and with your current arrows, you will be very slightly underspined with you plan. In my experience, software is overly stiff on optimum spine, so I think you will be fine. You can also use your current set up as is.

Thank you!

I’m shooting an 80 pound RX-1 ultra at 31” and using a 260 spine arrows. I have 200 grains up front for a total arrow weight of 574 and had zero tuning issues the arrow is also cut at 30”. You should be fine with your setup.