Heavy triggers vs light triggers on releases? Scott talon..

Hey everyone, I just purchased a scott talon release to replace my old release that was a caliper design and wanted to share my thoughts, gather some feedback. Someone has already posted here that the trigger was "heavy" in their review. I have to agree with this and I was kind of shocked at just how hard I was trying to get the trigger to break on shots. My groups weren't hot as I was beginning to fatigue everytime it went off. I also had to change the draw length of my bow and worst my anchor felt different no matter how I adjusted. When I went back to my old release which doesn't have a metal bar but rather straps holding the trigger mechanism, the triggers position felt at better length..as I'm having to reach out a bit for that talons trigger at the end of the bar. I debating returning it for the echo which resembles my old release more. However in some research I'm seeing a lot of scott release with reviews mentioning heavy triggers, stiff or crisp..and am thinking this is the new norm. My best friend shoots a talon and after sticking with it got used to it and says he pulls through his shots now. Less target panick but it unsure if overall the switch was worth it from a light trigger. At this point ide like to keep it but perhaps get a new spring? Make the bar trigger longer for leverage? Should I try the echo instead? Any feedback is much appreciated. Happy shooting.

I have a talon. I don’t mind the heavier trigger... I actually bought it specifically for the heavier trigger.

If you’re looking for the same style release but with a lighter trigger, try the ghost. I tried it too, you breathe on the trigger the wrong way and the arrow is gone.

Look at a B3 Hawk, an open hook sear design that has adjustable trigger pull weight. It is available with an infinitely adjustable strap connection between the head and wrist strap or with a solid connection. B3 are a new company formed after Scott releases were sold out to a conglomerate, with what I understand are many old Scott employees.

I bought a B3 Hawk with the strap connection a couple months ago and really am impressed. Although quite similar to my decade old Scott Itty Bitty Goose jaw release, I shoot the B3 Hawk significantly better. Probably due to the crisper trigger pull and the open hook design versus closed jaw. Good luck

I've only shot a compound for a few weeks, and the release I have at the moment is very light on the trigger.

Coming from a traditional archery background, I'm used to executing a shot with increasing back tension. I would much prefer a very heavy caliper release at this point, as I could safely curl my finger around the barrel, then pull hard with my back until the trigger fires. Essentially using a caliper release like a hinge/back tension release.

I'm selling the compound and sticking with trad bows, but if I were staying with it, the release would have to go. Your mileage will most certainly vary from mine though.

jmez

WKR
Light triggers are for punchers. Heavy trigger will make for a more true shot. You punch that heavy trigger it will punish you every time. You have to apply steady pressure and pull through it.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk