Helicopter rescue: fear of Mtn lions

jolemons

WKR
Can't get link to work. I'll have to check it out later. Looks Classic

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Moserkr

WKR

Try that link. Ive had that situation happen before with 2 lions calling to each other. They were pissed at my presence and just letting me know. Funny how being armed keeps your fear level at zero.

jfs82

WKR
If they only knew how many times lions were watching them on other outings...

TheTone

WKR
Hey it’s more legit in my mind than the Utard influencer that called life flight because he cut his forearm on a rock while shed hunting

So mean you guys. Karen and Gavin were scared for their lives! This could've ended as a Netflix special if the brave warriors from flight for life didn't come to their aid.

Seriously Texas you should be embarrassed to call these people residents of your state.

Not too ridiculous as lions where observed by the Helo crew and didn't leave.... With that said obviously there where not use to wildlife regardless of where they were from. Unarmed Texans means Cali imports.

While elk hunting in ‘19, I bulgled one into 10 yards East of Durango. Interesting encounter. After yelling twice, He finally left unspooked as he casually walked away. Sure glad he left, was only the second day of my hunt, not sure how long the DWR investigations last but would of sucked to have to loose a bunch of days to lion nonsense.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
Must be CA folks that just moved to TX. I know no true Texans that travel un armed....

I'm not so sure, the amount of boneheaded things I've seen Texans do in the mountains of CO during the winter is quite remarkable. For every Texas farmhand, there's at least a dozen city dwellers whose closest exposure to the outdoors is that time they bought their cowboy boots at the saddle shop. There's a reason they have a reputation in those mountain towns.

505Wapiti

WKR
If a lion wanted any of them, regardless of the two hour rescue time being cut to 50 minutes by helicopter it would’ve had them. Wildlife officials said they believed a female was calling to her young one, hence all the vocalizations and that they didn’t think there was any predatory behavior. Last I checked I’m pretty sure a truly predatory act by a cat would result in it being on you silently before you know it. Who knows maybe the 11 month old was crying while on their hike. I know we backpacked both my boys all over the mountains when they were babies. There were a couple of times I was certain we were a walking predator call and a lion or bear was moments from charging in because one of my boys was beyond pissed and didn’t want to be carried anymore. A Foxpro can’t hold a candle to a extremely pissed baby or toddler wailing full throttle in a canyon. A couple of times my boys could’ve outlasted multiple sets of batteries in an electronic call 😂😂😂. Comfort level was much better though because I was always packing heat.

Last edited: