Helix Broadheads

vcb

WKR
They look very simple. Simple is good. I have a feeling we are going to see many "popular" broadheads offered in deep six this year.

Lukem

WKR
I've never really understood the "helical broadhead" idea. To induce spin, you must create drag, creating additional drag at the front of an arrow beyond what a fixed broadhead already does could only exacerbate the issues we already get with broadhead flight. Thought the same thing when Crimson Talon did it. Similar reason to why aircraft and boats are steered with rudder steering.

That said, I like the simplicity of the broadhead, leave out the gimmicky part, and I'd probably try them. Tell me that they induce spin, no thanks.

ckleeves

WKR
I have never shot an animal with one so take this for what it's worth. I was loaned a bunch to try out and I will say that they are very accurate, Even out of a fast bow. (I was shooting them at 303 over the chrono). They seem super well built with some serious blade thickness and they maintain an edge very well. After about 40 shots into the rinehart they were still pretty darn sharp. If I was interested in a 2 blade head these would be at the top of my list.

OP
Maxhunter

Maxhunter

WKR
I called and spoke with Tim about the ferrules. They're made of aluminum not steel. He stated both his wife and him have been shooting Injexions and they've haven't had any problems with them snapping where they go into HIT insert.

I'm also contemplating these from S&S Broadheads by Steve Speck. His are machined and made out of steel. There a little pricey but I've heard nothing negative about them. I heard there wicked sharp!

http://www.sandsarchery.com/Solid_Broadhead_Company_s/128.htm

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
I called and spoke with Tim about the ferrules. They're made of aluminum not steel. He stated both his wife and him have been shooting Injexions and they've haven't had any problems with them snapping where they go into HIT insert.

I'm also contemplating these from S&S Broadheads by Steve Speck. His are machined and made out of steel. There a little pricey but I've heard nothing negative about them. I heard there wicked sharp!

http://www.sandsarchery.com/Solid_Broadhead_Company_s/128.htm
The Solid BHs are a great DS option. They are now owned by Elite Archery though and not Steve anymore. Another great option for the DS is the new QAD Exodus DS BHs. Those things are awesome. very tough, sharp and fly great.

We have been carrying the Helix for 2 yrs now! I honestly haven't played with them sorry NOT a 2 blade fan. I know Tim and its a solid head we sell them to our trad guys! My buddy in KS has been using them with GREAT success!!!

Deep 6 head: RAMCAT!!!

a3dhunter

WKR
We have been carrying the Helix for 2 yrs now! I honestly haven't played with them sorry NOT a 2 blade fan. I know Tim and its a solid head we sell them to our trad guys! My buddy in KS has been using them with GREAT success!!!

Ramcat better be paying you good as much as you are pimping them!

OP
Maxhunter

Maxhunter

WKR

I've also been looking at Ramcat and Exodus but I'm a 2-blade fan. I'm just looking for some well built heads. I think the Helix and Solid heads are my top two choices.

Didn't know Elite has the rights to the Solid heads. I just talked to Steve about a week ago and he didn't say anything. Also nothing on their website yet. Wonder if they'll go down in price or up?

Evan- would be so kind and stop by their booth at the ATA and ask them if you have time.

Ozz08

WKR
The press release was just a couple days ago so that's probably why Steve didn't mention it. The parent company of elite archery acquired Solid broadheads, Mossback game calls, and winners choice bowstrings. Last year they bough Scott releases and CBE bow sights. Pete Crawford(owner of elite) seems to be turning his company into a pretty big archery company.

SDHNTR

WKR
Max hunter, if you want a solid machined steel head look at VPA. I've been shooting them for 3 years and have killed almost 20 animals. They are all I want in a Broadhead. They are the only 3 blade, compact, COC head that I know of that are truly solid and machined from a solid block of steel. Strongest Broadhead I've ever found. Www.rayzor-VPA.com is the online store.

They make 2 blades too. I just killed a bear with the Penetrator 125.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
Max hunter, if you want a solid machined steel head look at VPA. I've been shooting them for 3 years and have killed almost 20 animals. They are all I want in a Broadhead. They are the only 3 blade, compact, COC head that I know of that are truly solid and machined from a solid block of steel. Strongest Broadhead I've ever found. Www.rayzor-VPA.com is the online store.

They are great BHs, but he wants a Deep Six version which they said they won't make at this time. The Ramcats fly great but I was not happy with their blade sharpness and durability of the blades. They bend easy. Also hard to find a quiver that they will fit into.

OP
Maxhunter

Maxhunter

WKR

I emailed VPA and they told me to stay tune. They must have something in the works. Thanks for all the info folks!

Last edited: