Helley Hanson rain gear ?

bushman

FNG
I have a friend that will be tagging along to SE AK with me on a spring black bear hunt. We won't be doing much hiking, primarily paddling coves and bays in a tandem kayak. Will there be any wet out issues with either the impertech or Jpn breathable HH gear. I have the FL Seak and have stayed dry in NW AK on a float trip. Just trying to keep price down for my buddy but don't want Any wet out issues in the rain forest.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
HH will do well. It gets muggy in high exertion situations but won’t fail and won’t allow outside moisture in. My seak will eventually soak through but a PVC jacket like the impertech is pretty much impervious to water.

Took my impertech up to Alaska for a moose hunt and never once got wet from the outside rain. I was definitely sweaty at times and it doesn’t breath, but it does it job and never lets you get rained on. It sounds pretty ideal for what you are doing, depending on how hard you are paddling. They are also pretty darn tough going through the alders/brush. Overall, I would take them again in a heartbeat and the price is usually really good. I found some good deals on Amazon and eBay when I bought mine.

AndyMotz

FNG
Thanks guys! I am the buddy and will be purchasing at least an impertech jacket and probably bibs too. Looks like they are out of stock or discontinued on the H/H web site. Looks like Amazon will get my $ once again. Now on to the next question.... boots.... lace up or slip on?? Brand and model? What has worked for y’all?