Hello and help with classified rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philmel

FNG
I am a relatively new poster and have a question about classified rules. I saw a post offering a bag. I want to respond but apparently have insufficient privileges. How do I gain sufficient privileges? I really want that pack, but i feel like i cant communicate that or with the seller at all. Can someone help?

colersu22

WKR

jac68984

FNG
The OP makes a very valid point. The Classified Rules only day the 10 post/one week requirement is required of “Sellers,” not “Buyers and others.” So preventing the OP and others from REPLYING to express interest in another member’s post should be, according to the rules, allowed. Many online forums follow a similar rule, which prevents spammers from posting items without contributing to the forum. However, this is the only forum I know of that aims to hamper its contributing member’s ability to sell to new members in this fashion (and again, the rules don’t seem to impose this restriction either).

I’m new to this forum as a member (long time lurker), but my first suggestion to the administration is to either rewrite their classified rules to comport with enforcement or enforcement rules as written. It is no wonder that so many new members such as myself and the OP cannot understand why we are prohibited from responding to a long time member’s classified post (as opposed to starting a new classified thread which is all that is prohibited by the current rules).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LandYacht

WKR
The OP makes a very valid point. The Classified Rules only day the 10 post/one week requirement is required of “Sellers,” not “Buyers and others.” So preventing the OP and others from REPLYING to express interest in another member’s post should be, according to the rules, allowed. Many online forums follow a similar rule, which prevents spammers from posting items without contributing to the forum. However, this is the only forum I know of that aims to hamper its contributing member’s ability to sell to new members in this fashion (and again, the rules don’t seem to impose this restriction either).

I’m new to this forum as a member (long time lurker), but my first suggestion to the administration is to either rewrite their classified rules to comport with enforcement or enforcement rules as written. It is no wonder that so many new members such as myself and the OP cannot understand why we are prohibited from responding to a long time member’s classified post (as opposed to starting a new classified thread which is all that is prohibited by the current rules).

I will sum it up for you in one brief statement of history:

Jackwads exist amongst us. They want to rip you off. Jackwads don’t want to spend a lot of effort or time plying their trade. Having a minimum requirement to post in the classifieds severely diminishes the ability of jackwads to rip you off.

Now thank the admins of this site for saving you from yourself.

There will be more great deals, this is a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member

The majority of the scams and spam were people replying to WTB ads with offers. Most of those users were at 0 posts, hence the 10 post rule. The spam wts posts were usually from new users, hence the 7 day wait.

Last edited:

jac68984

FNG
I added seller to the list... hope that helps.

I am so tired of answering the classified questions I am going to make a pay to play if you want instant access.

Thanks for adding clarification to the rules (though I believe you need to add the 10 post/7 day rule to the Buyers side of the rules). I assume that will help. Adding a low cost option for immediate access to respond to classified seems like a great idea. Money to help support the site, excludes “jackwads,” and would be gladly paid by the good intentioned to have access to a great deal.

And, yes, thanks to everyone who helps make this site possible. It’s a great site.

Last edited:

jspradley

WKR
Seems strange to need a minimum post count to buy. Totally makes sense for potential sellers.

It's a pretty common rule on forums.

It's also extremely easy to get out of classifieds noob jail but it cuts down on spam accounts dramatically.

Buyer scamming is a little tougher to pull off than seller scamming but it certainly happens

jac68984

FNG
I assume the buyer side issue is sparked by trolls that hijack threads and post responses aiming to sell their wares. If you’re seller and don’t get paid before sending out goods, that’s on you.

I’m good with the 10 post/7 day rule as long as everyone is apprised of the rule (Ryan cleaned up the rules so this should be more clear now -thanks sir!). I also like the idea of a payment option to get out of the noobie buying freeze early if you find a sweet deal. Scammers aren’t likely to pay it and the site makes free cash.

Craw3773

FNG
Post #10 for me. I've always browsed this site, but never signed up. 2 months until my first OTC Colorado hunt.

BCWAID

FNG
Getting my post count up as well... have a classified item I’m looking at getting ASAP.

Youngbuck

FNG
As a member of several other forums, the minimum requirements to weed out the spammers is great in the long run, just sucks for the new guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.