Hello from a CA lurker

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
Hello guys!

Longtime lurker and new poster. Been signed up on this site for almost 9 years and just now getting around to saying hello. Live in CA, not your typical CA location though. High in the mountains, almost in Nevada. Been hunting my entire life and love to chase deer, elk, pigs, upland game, waterfowl and recently turkeys. I'd have to say that elk is my addiction though. I try and plan my Fall around where I can go elk hunting. Archery deer is probably my second choice. Followed by upland birds.

I've been lucky enough to hunt elk in 8 western states and have either killed or helped kill elk in all of them. Here's the Rosie I was able to get last season here in CA.

IMG_7611.jpg

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
It is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hardy handshake to you, our new (but really old) member.

Nice bull and Bravo Zulu for posting a pic with your intro.

Eddie

Cal bull elk is a trophy and then some. Practically a unicorn. But there aren't supposed to be any Rosies near the NV border. Where are you located? I'm guessing you hunted just north of Redding.

distributionmap.jpg

OP
eshunt

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
I live near the Tule elk down in the Owens Valley. But drew the tag up on the North Coast where I was working last summer. Now I just have to keep trying to get lucky on a Tule draw so I can have all three elk varieties.

Welcome from a fellow Californian. I'm over the hill from you, but try to get over to the back side any chance I can get. I grew up going to Tioga Pass Resort every summer with my folks and love the whole area from Bridgeport to Bishop. Nice pictures too BTW!

Wags

WKR
Welcome, that's a stud bull for sure. I gave up on applying for CA anything since I'll be leaving in a few years. I may go after one more X zone deer, otherwise I'll stick to out of state hunting.