Hello from Arkansas!

nubbin

FNG
New member here from Arkansas but had been a lurker on this site for a while for info. Quickly learned this site is full of good info and people it seems. Been an Arkansan my whole life minus a few years spent in the Marines stationed in NC. Got a boss at home and 2 little boys that are 4 and 1. The oldest is my little shadow. I grew up with a dad who loves the outdoors and plan on carrying on the tradition to my boys.

I Grew up gun hunting on private land and a few years ago a switched over to bow only and 90% public land. I feel like my hunting knowledge after the switch has grown two fold. Last year i made my first trip out west to SE Montana on a DIY Mulie hunt and it opened up a whole new obsession. Buddy and i went together completely inexperienced, hunt started off slow but quickly got on the bucks and i was fortunate enough to harvest a young 4x4. I fell in love with Montana and was ready to move lol. Do to a job change im not able to head west this year but definitely plan on making a trip at least once a year or every two years.

Before anyone ask no i don’t duck hunt and i won’t guide anyone in the circus flooded timber lol.

Threads are useless without pics so i attaches my Montana mule deer and first bow buck on public ground!

Attachments

• 63CA9DFF-CA15-44B1-AFF7-5227389396F8.jpeg
    63CA9DFF-CA15-44B1-AFF7-5227389396F8.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 09B5093F-A92A-4F34-9D83-09C8A510FEF5.jpeg
    09B5093F-A92A-4F34-9D83-09C8A510FEF5.jpeg
    339 KB · Views: 11

elkguide

WKR
Glad you came out of the "lurk!"
Great place to hang out. Lots of great info here. Join in the conversation.

ENJOY!!!!!

I just moved back home to Gravette, spent the previous 6 years in Little Rock.

Awesome. Love your area of the state. Just started exploring up that way on public land. Did an overnight winter canoe hunt on the Buffalo in December. Was some beautiful country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
nubbin

nubbin

FNG
Awesome. Love your area of the state. Just started exploring up that way on public land. Did an overnight winter canoe hunt on the Buffalo in December. Was some beautiful country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always wanted to do that. If you kill a deer in that area make sure you have the meat tested if you have CWD concerns!