Hello from Germany

Wyonative

FNG
Another new guy here, found this site about a month ago, was impressed lots of good information, made me realize how much I miss home.. left Wyoming in 1986 for a life in the military. Now have wife kids and grandchildren here in Germany. Never lost my love for hunting or archery. But this time of year sure makes me miss home

dakotaduner

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome, and thank you for serving. Please tell us about the hunting, fishing and outdoor opportunities you have.

Geewhiz

WKR
Thanks for your service! I am interested to hear what you have for outdoor opportunities over there as well.

Welcome..I spent 3 amazing years in Germany stationed at Spangdahlem.. definitely miss hunting over there. Wish I was able to stay longer..
Waidmannsheil!

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome.
I just moved back to Texas in July from 3 years in Ramstein. Hunting pigs, reh, and stag in Germany will be something I will never forget and will always want to get back to.

Another new guy here, found this site about a month ago, was impressed lots of good information, made me realize how much I miss home.. left Wyoming in 1986 for a life in the military. Now have wife kids and grandchildren here in Germany. Never lost my love for hunting or archery. But this time of year sure makes me miss home

Und warum haben Sie nicht zurück gekommen? Seine Familie kommt auch!!

OP
W

Wyonative

FNG
Und warum haben Sie nicht zurück gekommen? Seine Familie kommt auch!!
Lieder ist 8 Monate Winter für meine Frau einfach zu viel.... meine zwei Kinder haben auch die Entscheidung gemacht Deutsch zu bleiben... und ganz ehrlich ich bin mittlerweile auch hier zuhause

OP
W

Wyonative

FNG
Great to see a couple brothers in arms here.. hunting here in Germany is very deeply rooted in history and tradition.. as a Privileg to those of us who serve here we are granted the right to become hunters (Jager) but I can tell you it is no easy task. Approximately 4 month’s three to four hours per week and weekends are required to take the exam that you must pass. The German person takes well Over a year.. and is extremely expensive

OP
W

Wyonative

FNG
And by the way bow hunting is still extremely taboo..... almost was removed from the course because I made the mistake of showing pictures of some of my archery kills when I was in the States, a few Country’s here in Europe are slowly accepting the thought of allowing bow hunting.. private high fence, the Probleme here in Germany is the animal rights activists have a lot of power..... don’t even get me started on the problems I have had here fishing

OP
W

Wyonative

FNG
Welcome..I spent 3 amazing years in Germany stationed at Spangdahlem.. definitely miss hunting over there. Wish I was able to stay longer..
Waidmannsheil!
Any time you want to come Brother.. I have plenty of room for you to stay for a few days... in the Karlsruhe area

OP
W

Wyonative

FNG
On the up side hunting at night with night vision and suppressed rifles completely legitimate