Hello from Kentucky!

New elk hunter from Kentucky here. Looking to learn as much as possible before my New Mexico rifle hunt this fall. My father-in-law drew a cow elk tag in KY this past fall, it definitely got me going on it. I grew up hunting and fishing. My grandpa and dad took me to SE MT when I was young to mule deer and antelope hunt, I also went to school at the University of Wyoming for a couple years. So I have a little experience out west but not a ton. I mainly hunt waterfowl, whitetail, and turkeys, but I am looking to make one trip each fall to elk or mule deer hunt. This looks like the place to come for good info! If anyone ever needs info about hunting Kentucky or waterfowling in Kansas please do not hesitate to ask.

Max

Fowler530

WKR
Welcome from NorCal!! Lots of great information and experience to draw from around here! Glad to have you aboard!

OldGrayJB

WKR
Welcome. I'm looking forward to the day when we can all hunt elk in KY, TN, and NC.

I'm with you guys. I've put in every year but two since 2001 when only 12 tags were offered tags. I've known two people who've drawn a tag in that time. The system seems to have improved somewhat. I got really discouraged there for a few years when I would see commissioners, their sons, and family get drawn multiple times in some cases. Same type circumstances with a number of the bonus raffle tags and conservation foundation tags.

Last edited: