Hello from Michigan 🦌❄️🍎🥶

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
Hello everyone, I ve been a long time reader here, now I am excited to contribute to the community. I am stepping up my game from whitetail to ELK, No experience in the later yet. I think I have a good foundation to start. The biggest challenge is to squeeze time out of the busy schedule between work, family, and professional development.

Best wishes to all

Welcome, from a former mitten man! After hunting elk, you’ll never enjoy whitetail hunting the same way again.

OP
Oakman

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you,
I am in SE Michigan, I’ll try to go in late October or December to Colorado. Still working on the details.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

HoboAaron

FNG
Hey Oakman, i havent really ever introduced myself either, but ill save that!
I understand the work and family restrictions, but try to make some time. ELK is truly the way to go. Cheers!

OP
Oakman

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a mitten man as well on my way back home from an unsuccessful Colorado archery hunt
You tried and that's a huge success, I am trying to work the logistics for 2 years now and I cant pull the trigger on a similar trip .I bet you have wealth of information to make your next trip successful, do you mind sharing your experience when you have time? drive safe

Stone4242

FNG
You tried and that's a huge success, I am trying to work the logistics for 2 years now and I cant pull the trigger on a similar trip .I bet you have wealth of information to make your next trip successful, do you mind sharing your experience when you have time? drive safe
Any questions you have feel free to ask. My first year was a 1st rifle hunt. 2nd year was OTC 2nd rifle and this year was a otc archery. First half was a backpack in and 2nd half we moved and hunted from a camp. I'm no expert by any means but can share my experiences for sure