Hello from NW Montana

I'm new to Rokslide, having recently discovered this forum while listening to every Robby Denning muley podcast I could find. I'm excited to learn from everyone's experiences in the areas I plan to pursue. If I can provide insight or input from my limited expertise/experience, I'll be happy to pitch in - just remember, advice is worth what you pay for it!

Here's some outdoor background, in case you're interested:
I started deer hunting when I was 12, riding around with my dad and attempting to spot deer from the truck. Occasional hikes were painful lessons in the futility of youthful energy applied to an undisciplined approach. What I didn't know about wind, stealth, glassing and patience would've filled several libraries. At 15, I started practicing archery, and I spent two years chasing elk with a cousin. We had a couple of close encounters (<20yds) that fueled our efforts, though we never punched a tag. It's a good thing we didn't kill an elk, as neither of us was remotely prepared to deal with an elk in 70° weather.

After an ~8yr hiatus from hunting (college, marriage, career-building) I am back in NW Montana, working to learn and progress as a hunter, conservationist, and public land advocate. I'm looking forward to the adrenaline rush of bowhunting the elk rut, and I've developed an almost unhealthy obsession with big timber bucks.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie