Hello from Texas

Choog

FNG
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I live in Tomball, TX. Going on my first elk hunt next year with my Dad. He's recently retired and this is his bucketlist hunt. Hoping to learn as much as I can and in the future try to put together a DIY archery hunt.

To date I've only really done whitetail box blind hunting and a few archery hunts. My parent just got 64 acres in East Texas so I plan to start archery hunting again this fall. Between work and my kids I haven't had much time for anything else. Hoping to change that this year.

FlyGuy

WKR
Welcome and Congrats! I hope you have a great experience with your dad this Fall. And I’m glad you aren’t waiting until you retire to start elk hunting!

You can’t cheat the mountain

FLAK

WKR
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I live in Tomball, TX. Going on my first elk hunt next year with my Dad. He's recently retired and this is his bucketlist hunt. Hoping to learn as much as I can and in the future try to put together a DIY archery hunt.

To date I've only really done whitetail box blind hunting and a few archery hunts. My parent just got 64 acres in East Texas so I plan to start archery hunting again this fall. Between work and my kids I haven't had much time for anything else. Hoping to change that this year.
(y)

ZachW

FNG
I’m in the same boat as you, I’m from East Texas and looking to go on my first Elk or Mule deer hunt next year!

From Texas also. Going on my first mule deer hunt next month. I"m sure I'll make every rookie mistake in the book but I'll have fun doing it.

Good luck on your future hunts @Choog and @ZachW