Hello from western Oregon

welcome!! are you new to NW Oregon? this is the best hunting site there is, won't find a better group of experienced knowledgeable hunters on the internet, and a biproduct of that is less BS than most hunting sites.... i have got very sick of forum BS over the years, but i like this site.... only one i am part of anymore

OP
F

Fugitive

FNG
welcome!! are you new to NW Oregon? this is the best hunting site there is, won't find a better group of experienced knowledgeable hunters on the internet, and a biproduct of that is less BS than most hunting sites.... i have got very sick of forum BS over the years, but i like this site.... only one i am part of anymore
Have lived in NW Oregon for 20 years. just got back into hunting last year after a 15 year hiatus, technology has come a long way in that time. I agree with you about this forum; lurked a long time while reading/getting caught up on the newest gear- big fan of the knowledge base and minimal BS. I‘m really liking the ultra light gear that is available now.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Have lived in NW Oregon for 20 years. just got back into hunting last year after a 15 year hiatus, technology has come a long way in that time. I agree with you about this forum; lurked a long time while reading/getting caught up on the newest gear- big fan of the knowledge base and minimal BS. I‘m really liking the ultra light gear that is available now.
if you have any questions about hunting the coast, i'll do my best to answer them..... not much has changed in the past 15yrs besides the amount of people in the woods..... that's the only meaningful thing besides the boom of lions in that timeframe..... not sure what happened, but they blew up on the coast.... they seem to have whacked most of the coyotes though, so if you locally have a lot of coyotes, probably don't have a big lion population.... have never seen that connected, but it's true everywhere i have spent time

OP
F

Fugitive

FNG
if you have any questions about hunting the coast, i'll do my best to answer them..... not much has changed in the past 15yrs besides the amount of people in the woods..... that's the only meaningful thing besides the boom of lions in that timeframe..... not sure what happened, but they blew up on the coast.... they seem to have whacked most of the coyotes though, so if you locally have a lot of coyotes, probably don't have a big lion population.... have never seen that connected, but it's true everywhere i have spent time
Rosiebull, thank you. I used to hunt a lot around the Valsetz area, west of Dallas/Falls City. Now, most of my time in the coast range is in the Trask area. The amount of people last year for modern firearm deer was definitely a lot more than when I last hunted before that. Luckily a decent portion of those people appeared to not like walking/hiking.

kino

FNG
Rosiebull, thank you. I used to hunt a lot around the Valsetz area, west of Dallas/Falls City. Now, most of my time in the coast range is in the Trask area. The amount of people last year for modern firearm deer was definitely a lot more than when I last hunted before that. Luckily a decent portion of those people appeared to not like walking/hiking.
Hello can you send me a PM or let me know where you hunted in valsetz any honeyholes or creeks/ drainages you recommend, coordinates? I like the stott mountain area and spooked a bull last year. Its all i can think about lol.