Hells Canyon Bear 10-13-12

Got this old boar Saturday afternoon while hunting our unit 18 deer tags. Had a great weekend, passed on some smaller 4x4s, caught some bass, shot some chuckers, found a few 300"+ bulls, and saw some sheep as well!

Had this guy in the scope at 577 yards but never stopped for a shot. Ended up sneaking over the hill and found him at 40 yards! Snuck sideways into 30 yards and fed him a 168 grain Berger! He was about 175 lbs and not very big but had a huge head and paws on him. Old bear too, only has two front teeth left!!

Mike
6ara2a9u.jpg
y3u3e8ep.jpg

OP
HellsCanyon
Here's another picture. Thanks!
ujahysu6.jpg
hoping to add a nice muley to the 2012 total... I was sure wishing for my bow in this situation though! ;)

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
p.s. looks like the beards are coming into their season... :chuckle:

I didn't get my first kill until I started letting it grow this season... now I'm two for two on my latest trips! Lets hope the mojo keeps working! ;) I can always go to the faithful fooman if I need a boost, despite the protests from the GF... :D

Bucksnort, yep and I even have enough stuff left to bleach him out... here's what his teeth looked like after I caped the head.
2e5y3abu.jpg

BuckSnort

WKR
Definitely a progressing bear.. Here in CA it's mandatory to present skull to the Fish And Game to have a tooth pulled, they then return results (age) after they study it...Do they do that up there as well?