Helly Hansen impurtech

i'm on the fence about getting the guide coat,
any sliders use impurtech and have an opinion?
and a best dealer?
tia

Aaron Warpony

Lil-Rokslider
I got a set this spring and the pants are awesome, but the coat leaked around the collar. I would strongly recommend doing a shower test before taking your set hunting in case something's not right. I've heard that the quality isn't what it used to be for the impertech line, different manufacturer or something. I got mine online on sale. Idk what the weight is like compared to grundens, but if you search rubberized raingear on here you'll probably find some better options for coats. If you're set on the impertech, my standard length jacket is really long, the longer version is only needed if you want to wear it with hip boots

FLAK

WKR
I have the 3/4 length Impertech that I wore every day on a Brown Bear hunt.
Kept me dry for 10 days. Still using it, good stuff.

Jethro

WKR
I have a set for about 10 years. Regular jacket, not the guide. Have worn it in downpours fishing and stand hunting. Keeps me dry. I don’t wear it for any high exertion activities.

May want to check Gemplers for some pricing. Just got some for the crew at work and their prices were good.

bates

WKR
for places like Kodiak the Ak Pennisula etc i would take the jacket

kept me dry for 10 days on Kodiak my other "high end" stuff was about useless

big impertech or grudens neptune fan for wet weather

Last year took the regular length coat with my chest waders to Alaska for a moose hunt. Never once was wet. Was a perfect combo for that application. Ended up buying the pants to go with it and they have become my bulletproof rain pants. Great for when not overly active, but not a great choice if hiking a ton or heavy exertion as they don’t breath. But they sure are good at being windproof, waterproof, and helping keep you warm.

Mtncowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I think they're the 30-06 of rain gear. A classic that you can't go wrong with. Nothing sexy about them, but dry.