Helly Hansen ???

tracker12

WKR
When I was in Newfoundland a couple weeks ago my guide had a set of Helly Hansen Work Wear on. It was lighter weight and had a little give to it. I could not see what model if was. Any idea what it could have been. Imperitech or mandrel maybe.

colonel00

WKR
HH Impertech stuff is great but keep in mind that it does not breathe at all. If you are mostly stationary, it will keep you dry for sure. However, if you are moving, you'll get wetter from sweat than from the rain.

I was happy with the Cabela's raid gear. I had 3-4 layers underneath, and it did well. Took a beating in the brush too.

I tried on every Sitka gear outfit, but they didn't fit right, and the prices were crazy.

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
I was happy with the Cabela's raid gear. I had 3-4 layers underneath, and it did well. Took a beating in the brush too.

I tried on every Sitka gear outfit, but they didn't fit right, and the prices were crazy.

I thought you never left the truck on your hunt? Now your gear is, "taking a beating in the brush"?

I'm glad you're paying attention. :)
There were days we rode around in a side by side for hours. and me, being the passenger, my right side took a beating against brush, and bushes. They call them Adler bushes. They literally grow 3' every year, and take over a dirt road. No one maintains the off road system, and you take a brush beating in a side by side.

OP
tracker12

tracker12

WKR
In 40-55 degree weather I walked to our calling spots and had no issues overheating in the HH. Stuff. In the boat riding in driving wind and rain the guide covered up his sitka with HH

NoWiser

WKR
HH Impertech. Best rain gear I've ever worn. I don't even mess around with GORE-TEX anymore. The fancy stuff never breathed anyways for me once it was wetted out. At least with the Impertech I know I'll be dry at the end of the day no matter what the weather does.

Last edited:

Mike 338

WKR
The Impertect is good unless you gotta hike in it. Because it's rubberized, it sweats out. It's a bit bulky to pack as well.