Help a brother out-

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Gents-

I have a cousin who is just getting into hunting, and after researching which his first rifle purchase should be for a year....:rolleyes: he just got a 6.5 PRC. The issue is, he picked the WORST time to be looking for ammo. I do not have this caliber, but do have several others I handload for. After checking myself, he most likely won't be able to get ammo in time to hunt this year with his new rifle.
(I refuse to watch him pay 5X retail for the price gougers on GB)

I haven't ever done this, but I am posting this call to arms for help. If you have 2 or 3 boxes of factory ammo for him, it would be greatly appreciated-wiling to pay what you paid, in addition to a few bucks making it worth your while plus shipping.
*In exchange for helping out, I would "trade" or barter equal value for helping out. I have thousands of rounds of pistol, rifle, etc, including hard to find powder (H1000, N570 etc) I'd be willing to exchange of equal value-again for helping out.

Thanks in advance-

D.

6.5 PRC has at least been on some shelves. As has 280ai. I don't have any, but it seems to be in better supply than 6.5CM, 7MM RM, etc. Good luck.

Laramie

WKR
Gents-

I have a cousin who is just getting into hunting, and after researching which his first rifle purchase should be for a year....:rolleyes: he just got a 6.5 PRC. The issue is, he picked the WORST time to be looking for ammo. I do not have this caliber, but do have several others I handload for. After checking myself, he most likely won't be able to get ammo in time to hunt this year with his new rifle.
(I refuse to watch him pay 5X retail for the price gougers on GB)

I haven't ever done this, but I am posting this call to arms for help. If you have 2 or 3 boxes of factory ammo for him, it would be greatly appreciated-wiling to pay what you paid, in addition to a few bucks making it worth your while plus shipping.
*In exchange for helping out, I would "trade" or barter equal value for helping out. I have thousands of rounds of pistol, rifle, etc, including hard to find powder (H1000, N570 etc) I'd be willing to exchange of equal value-again for helping out.

Thanks in advance-

D.
These guys are next to the Hornady Factory and will ship to your door - standard retail prices and can get them faster than anyone from my past experience. https://www.giloanshop.com/

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
6.5 PRC has at least been on some shelves. As has 280ai. I don't have any, but it seems to be in better supply than 6.5CM, 7MM RM, etc. Good luck.
I've tried the alerts feature, and by the time I'm out of the holster their gone.....funny I have 500 rounds of CM

sram9102

WKR
Our local box store had a few boxes. I only remember it because that's all they had on the shelf. I think it was hornady 143 eldx. I can check back if no one else comes through.

Maybe you can let him use one of your rifles for the season? Then teach him to reload!

*edit to say I don't have any ammo to send or I'd be happy to help out*

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Maybe you can let him use one of your rifles for the season? Then teach him to reload!

*edit to say I don't have any ammo to send or I'd be happy to help out*
Good idea, but he has done that last 2 seasons.....when I say he deliberates, not kidding!
Thanks (y)

EastMT

WKR
Good idea, but he has done that last 2 seasons.....when I say he deliberates, not kidding!
Thanks (y)

I don’t know the regular price, but there’s 20 boxes on gunbroker right now

b5025e6818a6c61000a7672b1844342e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Thanks Coop-Those are regular price $42.99 on Midway-that’s not as bad as I was seeing ($100 a box) but still hoping to find them reasonable close to retail...

87TT

WKR
Shouldn't buy a gun with hard to find ammo unless you are already reloading and have the gear and components. I can get 30 06 at the little grocery store in town. Just saying.

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Caliber selection advice has been noted. It is NOT me in this situation. I am simply helping a a guy who wants to join our hobby. Beating him over the head at this juncture is not welcoming to the sport, not will it help him get out there.