Help AAE max wipes

I am in a pinch and need to re fletch arrow with max stealth vanes and I don’t have any of the max clean wipes. Does anyone know alternatives or if they will stick without?

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Gorilla glue superglue "impact tough" is my goto.

Beware if you have old superglue it can go bad and not adhere well. If this happens I scrape the old glue off the shaft with a knife (held vertically). Then scotchbrite the area, then wipe with alcohol. Works great.

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
With a bare shaft acetone is great but if you use a wrap use just alcohol or it can sometimes take the color off the wrap. Primer pen and a gel superglue.

Yoder

WKR
I tried without the wipes and primer pen and all my vanes pulled off. I bought the wipes and pen and they pulled off. I read the directions and realized the trick is to apply the glue almost immediately after applying the "primer" to the vane. I'm 99% sure the primer pen is just acetone. I think if you clean the vanes with acetone just using a q-tip and the instant it dries apply the glue, it will work.

Marble

WKR
I would refer to your arrow manufacturer to know what to use.

Without the wipes I've just used plain water and an Emory cloth. It seems the primer pen and glue are more important but what the hell do I know. I only do a few dozen a year.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

mparks270

Lil-Rokslider
I tend to reach for my little can of GoofOff for shaft cleaning. I use vinyl arrow wrap and it sure takes away a lot of hassle of shaft prep.

OP
P
Thanks everyone, I wiped the shafts with acetone and had no problems with them sticking.