HELP ! Can’t decide on two rifles

I can’t decide on which two rifles to get, nosler m48 mountain carbon which costs 3200 bucks or the Christensen arms ridgeline at 2000. I can’t list all differences but the nosler has a 24 inch senduro lite proof research barrel with a timney trigger weighing at 6 pounds and the ridgeline has a trigger tech trigger, 26 inch carbon wrapped proof research barrel as well Weighing at 6.3 pounds. Personally the look of the ridgeline is more appealing with its spiraled bolt, muzzle brake and color scheme. The nosler doesn’t come with a brake but does have a carbon fiber stock. Any advise is appreciated thank you. Basically I like the Christensen more especially for looks but is the extra grand worth it for the nosler. Maybe something Im
Not seeing. They would be chambered in 30 nosler back pack hunting deer/elk

Attachments

• 091BCD3B-986D-47D8-8293-77CAE392EDFD.jpeg
    091BCD3B-986D-47D8-8293-77CAE392EDFD.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 0DE3806A-B2DA-45D3-AA32-D2E35E2B0474.jpeg
    0DE3806A-B2DA-45D3-AA32-D2E35E2B0474.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 110

LightFoot

WKR
I would love to say get the Nosler, but I think they are pretty similar. The price difference clearly weighs heavily in favor of the CA.

Although there is something sexy about having a Nosler in a 30 Nosler.

Oh hell, I say get the Nosler.

>>>----JAKE----->

Doghed

WKR
This is easy. Get both. Shoot them and then come here and sell the one you don't want.

Or get the Nosler in 30 Nosler and the Ridgeline in 243.

Sounds like fun. Good luck.

Apollo117

WKR
Get the Ridgeline and spend the difference on ammo and targets. There wouldn't be a noticeable enough improvement in weight or accuracy to appreciate the $1,200 difference.

You could swap the stock on the Ridgeline to a lighter stock or a stock with better ergonomics.

mlob1one

WKR
I've got the Ridgeline and I love it. Never have laid paws on the Nosler though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Have you handled both rifles? That might help you make your decision. I don’t own that model of Nosler rifle, but the standard M48 Liberty. It’s a nice sturdily built meat and potatoes rifle. They have a good customer service department as well if that makes a difference to you.

For the Nosler price you might as well shop around for a used custom. Or just pay up and get a full custom rifle exactly how you want it! (except for price o_O :eek: )

OP
Z
Thanks everybody for the reply’s, all your opinions help, going to hold both side by side and make the decision. It’s a tuff one

bascott1

WKR
Have yet to see a ridgeline that didn’t shoot. Save the dough and spend on good glass and tags.

eoperator

WKR
I sold a nosler 48 to buy a ridgeline a while back, definitely an upgrade to me. My .02 ridgeline and be happy, or full custom the way want it for not much more than that new nosler.

tdhanses

WKR
I’d get the CA and add the diff to your optic budget but just an FYI...the CA does not have a proof research carbon barrel, it has a CA carbon barrel. Also the CA can be had for less then $2k.

OP
Z
Have yet to see a ridgeline that didn’t shoot. Save the dough and spend on good glass and tags.
Thanks that’s what in planning, having the extra for glass will help. Vortex or night force now my next problem starts haha

Apollo117

WKR
Thanks that’s what in planning, having the extra for glass will help. Vortex or night force now my next problem starts haha
Fortunately, that's an easy decision. NF hands down. It's possible that Vortex builds a reliable scope, but it certainly doesn't have the same track(ing) record as NF.

djfergus

FNG
I can’t decide on which two rifles to get, nosler m48 mountain carbon which costs 3200 bucks or the Christensen arms ridgeline at 2000. I can’t list all differences but the nosler has a 24 inch senduro lite proof research barrel with a timney trigger weighing at 6 pounds and the ridgeline has a trigger tech trigger, 26 inch carbon wrapped proof research barrel as well Weighing at 6.3 pounds. Personally the look of the ridgeline is more appealing with its spiraled bolt, muzzle brake and color scheme. The nosler doesn’t come with a brake but does have a carbon fiber stock. Any advise is appreciated thank you. Basically I like the Christensen more especially for looks but is the extra grand worth it for the nosler. Maybe something Im
Not seeing. They would be chambered in 30 nosler back pack hunting deer/elk
I haven't owned either of those but I like the looks of the Christensen. I put a 26" proof 7mm rm on a savage light weight hunter and got bare rifle to 6lb 11 oz. The Christensen's seem to have a pretty decent reputation.