Help choosing a Vortex rangefinder

xXStanXx

FNG
Hey everyone!

I'm looking at going sheep hunting in Alberta for the first time this year (either on a non-trophy draw or a general tag) and would like to finally get myself a rangefinder.

I've been looking for a couple of years now and had basically settled on the Razor 4000, but now that Vortex has come out with the Diamondback and Viper models, I'm not so sure anymore.

The Razor obviously has the best range, accuracy, and has the extra scan mode versus the Diamondback, and just more range and better accuracy than the Viper.

Right now I'm not a very comfortable longer range shooter, so I'd be trying to keep my longest shots around a couple hundred yards, and any field target shooting where a rangefinder would be nice is a few hundred yards max.

Thanks for the help.

I just purchased the new viper range finder. I find it very good when put against my buddy's Leupold and Sig. It is much faster read back than previous Vortex Ranger 1800 that I had. It reads line of sight or horizontal distance compensation. The menu is very user friendly. I have hit ranges out to 3000 yards from my back deck, and had the HCD read down to 1.5 yards when ranging down an 80 percent grade. My use is limited beyond that, but I am impressed thus far