Help!! Christmas gift for my photographer wife.

Hey guys,

I am not a photographer, I know very little about it.

However, my wife is a photographer and she runs a side business doing family pictures, portraits, new born sessions, and occasional weddings. She is setup well with camera body (Canon 5d Mark IV) and lenses (variety of canon lenses 35mm & 50mm primarily), she has studio lights and flashes, and most of that stuff already, so I'm not really looking to buying her like a new body or lenses.. I'll let her buy her big expense stuff.

But for Christmas I thought it would be cool to completely hook her up with little handy accessories and "gizmos". I'm thinking things along the lines of maybe lenses cleaning tools or carrying straps etc.. Hoping some of you can chime in with some ideas of things that you've used and really like.

I am interested in all good suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe not what you have in mind, but I bought my wife a photography backpack that holds all the lenses, camera bodies and accessories.

This is going to sound snarky and I don’t mean for it to, just want to point out the reality of the situation. She’s a professional photographer that has probably done endless amounts of research around what she needs and can use and you, from outside the profession, with only a casual understanding of it want to buy her something that is impactful and useful for her. She undoubtedly gets inundated every time she unlocks her phone with ads for gimmicks, bags, filters, gadgets, software, you name it, all of which probably get an eye roll from her, but to us would look like a nice gift because we don’t know any better. The truth of the matter is that if she needs it she likely has it. If you want to stay in the realm of photography I would go with gift cards because no one can make buying decisions as well as she can, no matter how thoughtful you are. If you venture out of photography and get her something she had no idea she needed (not gonna happen in photography because she already probably has all that dialed) you’ll get the effect you’re after

Fightthenoise is 100% correct. I'm happy to help, but his suggestion is right on!!

Joel
516-217-1000