HELP! COVID wrecked booked hunt and desperately trying to re-book in MT.

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Everyone,

Here's a long-shot but hoping someone may know of an opening. I had a bull elk hunt booked where I was to leave this Friday but my kid exposed me to COVID and I had to postpone with my outfitter. He can't rebook me so I'm desperately trying to find another outfitter in MT with an opening between next Thursday and the end of the season. I know I'm highly unlikely to book again but thought maybe there's someone here who could help. TIA!

John

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
Just chiming in to say I hope everyone is ok and things work out for you. I was supposed to leave this morning for Nebraska, but my wife tested positive and my daughter and I are symptomatic and awaiting our results as well.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
do you have an outfitter tag (fwp gave a bunch of tags to people hunting with an outfitter that didn't draw last year, not sure legality of hunting DIY with these tags) or can you go DIY. I'd just DIY, if it were me. low success rates but better than staying home.

OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Just chiming in to say I hope everyone is ok and things work out for you. I was supposed to leave this morning for Nebraska, but my wife tested positive and my daughter and I are symptomatic and awaiting our results as well.
Man, sorry to hear that! I hope you’re family stays well and you get through this. F* COVID!!!!

Are you married to the idea of MT? Just thinking that if you spread your search out to CO and NM as well, perhaps you could still find a decent hunt opening?

OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
do you have an outfitter tag (fwp gave a bunch of tags to people hunting with an outfitter that didn't draw last year, not sure legality of hunting DIY with these tags) or can you go DIY. I'd just DIY, if it were me. low success rates but better than staying home.
No, I drew a tag this year. I'm definitely going DIY (need to figure out where that should be) before I burn up the tag.
Are you married to the idea of MT? Just thinking that if you spread your search out to CO and NM as well, perhaps you could still find a decent hunt opening?
Yeah, I have nearly $900 into the tag so sticking with MT.

With Covid, I think you can get your money back from MT. You could last year in CO. It's worth a call.

OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Are you actually sick?
Yeah, I didn’t think so until this morning. Had a positive result yesterday and no symptoms. Now just mild fatigue and a headache but I couldn’t live with myself if I infected a camp full of old men, or the outfitter and his family. Quarantine until next Wednesday. Ironically I found 4 different outfitters who reached out saying they’ve got spots available so all may not be lost. If I have to I’ll just DIY it but haven’t a clue where to hunt.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Yeah, I didn’t think so until this morning. Had a positive result yesterday and no symptoms. Now just mild fatigue and a headache but I couldn’t live with myself if I infected a camp full of old men, or the outfitter and his family. Quarantine until next Wednesday. Ironically I found 4 different outfitters who reached out saying they’ve got spots available so all may not be lost. If I have to I’ll just DIY it but haven’t a clue where to hunt.
Good on you for doing the right thing. Also, my girlfriend hunted elk with Covid this year, and no lie, last year!it’s rough! Neither time she knew she had it and both times she was dragging ass big time! She can keep up with any guy on this forum but when she has Covid she was lagging. It’s not a fun hunt at 10k feet so you might have dodged a bullet.

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
Daughter and I got our results last night, both positive which we already knew. This would have been my first out of state hunt. Next year doesn't look promising at all due to numerous house projects that need to be done. 💵💵💵

yojo.3

FNG
I feel ya. I was supposed to go on a week long mule deer archery hunt on november 1st with my dad. But on the 26th my wife got hit hard with the rona. So me and the little guy ended up hanging a bunch. Theres gotta be someone on here willing to atleast give you some coordinates and say head east or whatever.

BDRam16

WKR
If you go a week after having symptoms, be prepared to be miserable. Did it in October and it was definitely rough climbing elevation. Hope it all works out for you man and COVID is weird because it affects everyone so differently, but I would lower your physical limit expectations.

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
I put a letter to the Director of Nebraska Parks and Game today to see if they will refund me the cost of my tags. This was after I sent in an email inquiry. They replied back instructing me to send in a letter via US mail. I'll keep you posted.

willy

FNG
I put a letter to the Director of Nebraska Parks and Game today to see if they will refund me the cost of my tags. This was after I sent in an email inquiry. They replied back instructing me to send in a letter via US mail. I'll keep you posted.
Nebraska was good about refunds last year because of covid. My buddy from MN had the almost exact same scenario as you and they refunded his money.