Help deciding on which RF Binos around $1400 -1500 range.

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
I was on a trip out west where we had Fury's and Leica Geovid R's. The Vortex were faster to range and ranged to farther distances than the Leica. I'm not a glass snob, they both looked crisp to me, but the rangefinding function on the Fury's was much, much better.
The old geovid r were pretty slow but the new iteration is fast.

Huntercdc

FNG
If your buying a new RF/RF Binos is there any reason not to get them with a ballistics solver?

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
If your buying a new RF/RF Binos is there any reason not to get them with a ballistics solver?
If you’ve got the coin might as well get them. If you don’t like it you can just turn the feature off in most of them. If you’re on a tight budget then get it without.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That is refurbished at sierra, but still good price for fury ab. Thanks for this. How about geovid r 2022. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not sure if they are really refurb or if Vortex asked them to say that so other companies do not get mad about MAP.

Camo Toe

FNG
Solid choice! I use the rrs cinch plastic version on both my geovids. It works great, is super adjustable and really durable. I’m sure the elite is super nice. Definitely a superior system to the bino adapters that mount to a stud imo and you don’t have to worry about loosing it.

There are lots of great tripod options. I use the slik 733 right now. If you buy a slik the 733 and 734 are the best option weight versus stability. With the short center column in I can just barely stand and glass. I am 5’ 8”. I currently use the sirui va-5 head on top.

The sirui T-024SK is a great combo kit as well. Includes the va-5 head and lightweight tripod for around $270.

Another awesome tripod is the aziak backcountry lite tripod. It is the lightest of the bunch. I’m not sure if you’d be able to stand and glass with this tripod but it is ultra light, stable, and compact.

Camo Toe

FNG
Longrange , do you use a quick release plate on the VA5 head like the one it comes with or do you just slide the Cinch into the dovetail? thanks