Help diagnosing sock or boot problem!

Waldo320

FNG
So I have been using the same boot, insole, sock for three years. This year I start training have a little foot pain, go on a 40 mile backpack trip and feet get destroyed blisters and luco tape all over my feet. I wait two week to put my boots on again and train again and having more issues with pain in spots I have never had before.

Is this a sign of the insoles are wearing out?

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider
Depending on pack weight, terrain and the mileage you put on in a season, how you clean and store the boots, age, etc. three years can be a lot of wear and tear on boots and insoles. It's hard to say without knowing where the pain is.

Something has changed. It's either the boot/insole or your foot. My guess, it isn't your foot.

Most after market insoles have life-spans for their effectiveness. The ones I use are: Dr. Scholls custom fit 6 month life span, Superfeet grey 1 year lifespan, and Heel your pain have a 6 month life span. Sounds like if you replaced your insoles you would be on your way again. 3 years is a long time for insoles.
The lifespan of the factory insole (the cheap flimsy foam crap) is 10 minutes. When you buy them, open the box, and remove the factory insole before you do anything else. Pitch it in the garbage.

OP
W

Waldo320

FNG
I have Scarpa R Evolution GTX with SOLE thin foot beds. I am big fan of aftermarket foot beds so the stock ones went in the trash quickly. Foot pain is on the ball of the foot. Got blisters on the Achilles and outside of the foot on my hike.

OP
W

Waldo320

FNG
A quick update to see if the problem is my boots. I put new in soles for this trip it helped some. After a weekend backpack trip last weekend Achilles rubbing on one foot and inside big toe rubbing issues.